Addicted to YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month > October 2018- Theme: Horror

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Aug 01, 2018 08:47AM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
This topic is for the theme suggestions. Each person can suggest one book for this category. If you suggest more than one book only your first suggestion will count. Authors can't suggest their own book. Any book that was suggested by its author will not be counted.

The theme is Horror

To suggest a book please put the title and the author. And remember the book must be be YA! New Adult and Adult books will not be accepted.

Also a little reminder to everyone. This is not where you vote. This is where you make suggestions for the poll. Suggestions will close August 8th!

Don't forget to suggest something for the Stand Alone suggestion and Series suggestion.

The suggestions also can't be something we've already read and they have to be young adult because we are a young adult group! To see what we've read and haven't read go to the books we've read topic. If you are new I strongly suggest this!

message 2: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Aug 09, 2018 01:27PM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
The Suggestions
The Enemy (The Enemy, #1) by Charlie Higson The Enemy by Charlie Higson
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street, #1) by R.L. Stine You May Now Kill the Bride by R.L. Stine
The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1) by Susan Dennard Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
Nightwood by Patricia Windsor Nightwood by Patricia Windsor
House of Furies (House of Furies, #1) by Madeleine Roux House of Furies by Madeleine Roux
The Silver Eyes (Five Nights at Freddy's, #1) by Scott Cawthon The Silver Eyes by Scott Cawthon
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray The Diviners by Libba Bray

message 3: by Bea (new)

Bea (leore) The Enemy by Charlie Higson? I’m fairly sure that’s a YA book

message 4: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Rojem (lrojem) | 6 comments The Six-Gun Tarot by R.S. Belcher

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 5: by Summer (new)

Summer (speaking_bookish) (speaking_bookish) | 27 comments The Bazaar or Bad Dreams by Stephen King

message 6: by Summer (new)

Summer (speaking_bookish) (speaking_bookish) | 27 comments Sorry just remembered it has to be YA so I guess Stephen King is out. I’m not really sure of any ya horror books, tbh

message 7: by Summer (new)

Summer (speaking_bookish) (speaking_bookish) | 27 comments Ok I’ve got one. A map of days by ransom Riggs comes out October 2nd. From the peculiar children world. That’s categorized as horror and I can’t wait to read it!

message 8: by Maraya21 (new)

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) | 89 comments I nominate:

The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co. #1) by Jonathan Stroud

message 9: by BooksByDano (new)

BooksByDano | 17 comments House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

message 12: by Alayna (new)

message 13: by Amy Leigh (new)

Amy Leigh (xxamyleighxx) | 11 comments There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

The Graveyard book by Neil gaiman

message 16: by Greta (new)

Greta The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

message 17: by Athena (new)

Athena | 78 comments Return To Fear Street: You May Now Kill The Bride by R.L Stine

message 18: by C (new)

C (ki4eva) | 4 comments Five Nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes The Silver Eyes By: Scott Cawthon

message 19: by Kim (new)

Kim Kaso | 155 comments I suggest The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray The Diviners by Libba Bray.

message 20: by Kim (new)

Kim Kaso | 155 comments The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray The Diviners by Libba Bray “delivers an addictive and terrifying story of young New Yorkers investigating a rash of occult-based murders” according to Entertainment Weekly.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.