Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > August, 2018 -- An Amish Blessing

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1557 comments Mod
For the month of August, we are reading An Amish Blessing: An Amish Romance Inspired by a Beloved Bible Story by J.E.B. Spredemann

Ruth Johnson is a typical young Englisch woman. She's content living on her parents' Indiana farm and is considering college. That is, until an Amish family moves in next door. She is fascinated with their plain ways and desires to know more about their culture and family...especially handsome Mahlon Stutzman.

But not everyone is keen on their budding relationship and their love is tested and tried. Will their romance stand the trials to come? Will they be torn apart against their will? Or does God have an entirely different plan for their future?

Please add your comments, your thoughts, your suggestions as you finish reading this month's selection.

message 2: by Dede (new)

Dede Janzen | 29 comments This was a quick read. I did like it. It was interesting an Englischner marrying Amish but not changing to be plain. I’m assuming due to no church around. I hope you enjoy the read as nuch as I did.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1557 comments Mod
Has anyone else read An Amish Blessing?
What did you think?

We've been a VERY quiet group lately.

message 4: by Carolyn (last edited Aug 26, 2018 10:41AM) (new)

Carolyn V I saw that book for the month; but, only into occasional romance, so, I didn't get it read. there are other books of hers, I need to get read from my TBR shelf though, so, I'm ok with the author