Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > August Purchases 2018

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
First day of August. Share your book buys in this month here.

message 2: by Betsy (new)

Betsy TRUE SOLDIER GENTLEMEN by Adrian Goldsworthy

MARIE WALEWSKA Napoleon's Great Love by Christine Sutherland

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 12 comments Am just reading Brimstone, since reading Cemetery Dance (also Agent Pendergast) I have been buying all the series, got 6 so far...
I do recommend Brimstone.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie | 12 comments Joseph wrote: "First day of August. Share your book buys in this month here."
The travelling cat chronicles#Flood#Deep Storm#Eve of Man (liked the cover)#Notes on a Nervous Planet#City of Endless Night#The Wheel of Darkness#Brimstone#Relic#Reliquary# The cabinet of curiosities#The Tower#The Key

By the way does anyone else here keep all the lovely free bookmarks that often come when you send for a book?

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 363 comments Kat wrote: "Joseph wrote: "First day of August. Share your book buys in this month here."
The travelling cat chronicles#Flood#Deep Storm#Eve of Man (liked the cover)#Notes on a Nervous Planet#City of Endless N..."

I have a nice collection of free bookmarks.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 363 comments I picked up all of these books because I liked the cover or the title sounded interesting, I have no idea what any of them are about.

City of Darkness and Light
Hush Now, Don't You Cry
In a Dark, Dark Wood
Blessings in Disguise
Where Hope Dwells
Journey to Hawk's Peak

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 363 comments One of my local libraries is remodeling and they were sorting through books and had a "remodeling sale" $1 a bag, so I happily went through a ton of books!

Bag 1
Midnight for Charlie Bone
Kelly Park
Mama Flora's Family
Ready, Willing And...Abel
China Dolls
The Lucifer Contract
Brady13 Cent Killers: The 5th Marine Snipers in Vietnam
A Grimm Warning
Our Town

Bag 2
The Panic Zone (Jack Gannon, #2) by Rick Mofina Hunting Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #7; Fear #1) by Kay Hooper Final Scream by Lisa Jackson Exposed (Maggie O'Dell, #6) by Alex Kava The Lovers (Charlie Parker, #8) by John Connolly Someday Soon (Deliverance Company, #1) by Debbie Macomber Dead by Morning (Griffin Powell, #12) by Beverly Barton The Ice Child by Elizabeth McGregor Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane The Princes of Ireland (The Dublin Saga, #1) by Edward Rutherfurd Angela's Ashes (Frank McCourt, #1) by Frank McCourt A Sister's Secret (Sisters of Holmes County, #1) by Wanda E. Brunstetter A Sister's Test (Sisters of Holmes County, #2) by Wanda E. Brunstetter A Sister's Hope (Sisters of Holmes County, #3) by Wanda E. Brunstetter One Thousand White Women The Journals of May Dodd (One Thousand White Women, #1) by Jim Fergus Reversible Errors (Kindle County, #6) by Scott Turow

message 12: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Shaver | 13 comments you're pretty dang lucky, although in my neck of the woods we have little free libraries where people set out free books they read in a little "library" and people exchange them. Little Free Library is in charge of that. Might wanna check that out since it's free and you can keep theebooks you like.

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie | 12 comments SF and whodunnits excellent selection!

message 17: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 418 comments Katie wrote: "SF and whodunnits excellent selection!"

Thanks Katie! I always mix it up when I read but sometimes I crave only mysteries so once I've fed the craving a few times I go on to a different genre.