The Challenge Factory discussion

Sweet Talk (Bakery Sisters, #1)
This topic is about Sweet Talk
2018 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Elena & Krissy - Sweet Talk

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5377 comments Mod
Elena & Krissy - Sweet Talk

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Here!

Elena | 1381 comments Here !

Elena | 1381 comments Im ready today or whenever....

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Today works for me!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments There better be a really fucking good reason Nicole is treating her sister so horribly all these years.

Elena | 1381 comments Fucken ridiculous!!! What the hell?!? Nicole is soooo rude and bitchy!!! Or just plain cruel!!!

And Claire - are you kidding me ?! She doesn’t know how to lock/unlock a car and open the trunk ??? I understand being sheltered- but are you living under a rock?! You never saw anyone open their car before?!? You never sat in a car before !!!!??? If i were the guy, i’d think she was either shitting me or beyond stupid!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments I can't fucking stand Nicole. The next book is her story and at this point I couldn't care less about her happy ending. She is a fucking monster to both of her sisters. I'm guessing there is more to the story of Jessie and her husband. I guarantee she just threw Jessie out without even giving her the chance to explain. Nicole seems the type.

And to blame EVERYTHING on Claire even though she was a child herself is ridiculous

Elena | 1381 comments She is awful!!!!!!!!! First of all - Claire was what?! 6 - 10 yrs old??? And this bitch blames her for leaving?? Did this little kid have a choice?? Then she blames her for “killing” her mother?? Seriously???? Wow ... I cannot even explain how angry she makes me !!!!

Yeah i agree - there must be more to the third sister’s story - but why isn’t she saying???? Did the husband attack her? Im thinking not - she’d have probably said that.... I wish the sister would speak up!!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Even if she does I doubt Nicole would believe her. She seems to be the spiteful kind

Elena | 1381 comments And what is it about Nicole that everyone around her automatically believed her that Claire is shit?? The guy automatically hated her and bitches her out .... the workers at the bakery also ..... Like how big of an authority is Nicole that she made literally everyone around her hate her sister?!? People don’t see how bitter and mean she is??

I mean, the guy screwed Claire and doesn’t dislike her anymore, but at first he was soooo rude !!!

Also , how many times has it been mentioned that “he feels NOTHING when he touches Nicole” ??? WE GET IT! YOU GUYS HAVE NO CHEMISTRY! It was literally written 5 times so far!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments I can't imagine seeing somebody suffering a panic attack and not helping. Instead calling them useless and basically treating them like a worthless piece of shit

message 13: by Krissy (last edited Aug 17, 2018 10:16AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments And I don't appreciate their opinions on her career. There have been several condescending remarks about "how hard can it be" and just plain disbelief that it could be a demanding career at all.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments So she faked her panic attacks into existence? I didn't realize that was possible

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments So he just asked her out on a date. I'm sure Nicole will throw a massive overly dramatic fit about it.

I'm sorry but other than Amy and Claire every single character in this book is fucking despicable

Elena | 1381 comments They are all awful !! I am almost done and really not much has changed for me ... (view spoiler)

I hated the fact that everyone was soooooo clueless as to how hard a music carreer can be ... seriously, they live under a rock ... no one realizes that she practices 4 hours a day ?! that she has to travel all the time? ! that her manager is a dragon-lady who pushes her too hard!
And yeah - I also didn't think that you could fake panic attacks into existence .... But either way - the chick has anxiety issues and panic attacks, she needs help and support, not everything being an utter asshole towards her!!!

Elena | 1381 comments I'm at the part where they had sex (view spoiler)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments I'm a little further than you. She and Nicole just fell

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Well a little after that. Claire is freaking out

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Elenaaaaa, I hate everybodyyyyyy

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments "A baby! That would be totally cool!"

Ughhhhhhhhh

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments It's so frustrating that Jessie just won't fucking say what happened with Drew!!!!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Well... I finished

message 24: by Elena (last edited Aug 20, 2018 09:42AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Elena | 1381 comments hahahahah ok , I finished that same evening, I just didn't get a chance to rate and review.
Ok - so that was a disaster, right ???
like what the everloving fuck?!?!?!?

why?? why would you all act like idiots ??

anyhow ... yeah, so to the end we don't know what the hell Jessie's problem is!? Drew did say that he wanted to punish Nicole, or something to that extent ....and that Jessie was dressing in a certain way, or something like that... so i'm assuming that it wasn't all that innocent ... but could it have been that he forced her somehow ?? I mean, either way - you end up naked in your brother-in-law's bed with him in it ... it doesn't look good! And I am really dying to find out how the author makes this OK ... like - she slipped and fell on his d*** ? :)
ok , too crude...

Elena | 1381 comments So what are you thinking is Jessie’s deal?!?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments I have no idea. I don't think she slept with him though. I think there is more to the story and it pisses me off that she won't say what happened. Who is she trying to protect?

And I think he was in HER bed. Not the other way around. I think...

message 27: by Elena (last edited Aug 23, 2018 06:33AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Elena | 1381 comments Krissy wrote: "....

And I think he was was in HER bed. Not the other way around. I think... "

yeah, true, it might have been him in her bed... so maybe it was totally him trying to hook up with her and she was unsuspecting... or maybe he wanted to punish his wife and make her jealous ? iduno if i'd want to give the rest of the series a chance ? everything annoyed me a lot ! :D

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments I don't think I could stand anymore of this series. I'm down to continue the Victorian Rebels seies though! I'm on book 5

Elena | 1381 comments yayy ! ok , i'm gonna read #4 this week ... Can we do book5 as our Sept buddy read ?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Sounds good to me!

Elena | 1381 comments Still want to do Victorian Rebels series? I will sign us up for #5 for Sept?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Yes!