2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives > July 2018 Roundup

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Sep 01, 2018 05:27AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10631 comments Mod
 photo image_zpsrov4ysil.png

1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue?
3. Did you move forward in any series? How many?
4. Any standout or 5 star books read? Why did you love it/them?
5. Overall summary of your reading month?

Barb
Christina
Dlyn
Giulia
Jessika
Jonetta
Laura
Lauren
Lieke
Lorie
Melissa
Michelle
Robin
Veronica

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?

I stayed up-to-date in two series by reading the new releases, don't know if that counts.

Deliverance (Hell Divers, #3) by Nicholas Sansbury Smith Marked (Alex Verus, #9) by Benedict Jacka

I started five new series but will only be continuing two of them.

King's Dragon (Crown of Stars, #1) by Kate Elliott Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse

I moved forward in one series. Mister Slaughter (Matthew Corbett, #3) by Robert R. McCammon

No five star books this time but several four starrers.

I think I had a pretty good month for reading. I read across several genres so it was a nice mix.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Yep, reading the new releases definitely count.

I’m always in awe of your mix of titles, Veronica. Kudos on your series progress, too!

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month? Yes
I finished The Mackade Brothers by Nora Roberts and it was a great ending to the series. Also finished Scandal & Scoundrel by Sarah MacLean although the final book was disappointing - too many tropes that I dislike.
The Fall of Shane MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #4) by Nora Roberts The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3) by Sarah MacLean

Yes, 2 and I will continue with both.
The Mighty Quinns Conor (The Mighty Quinns, #1) by Kate Hoffmann Blood on the Tracks (Sydney Rose Parnell #1) by Barbara Nickless

Yes, 10
Strangers in Death (In Death, #26) by J.D. Robb Christmas with a SEAL (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #6) by Tawny Weber Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8) by Jennifer Estep Murder on Lenox Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #7) by Victoria Thompson Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9) by Kim Harrison Fallen (Will Trent, #5) by Karin Slaughter For the Love of Mike (Molly Murphy, #3) by Rhys Bowen Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2) by Lorraine Heath The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10) by Stephanie Laurens

No 5 stars but I did give 4.5 to The Fall of Shane MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #4) by Nora Roberts because I loved the banter between the H/h and Blood on the Tracks (Sydney Rose Parnell #1) by Barbara Nickless , which is superb. I took off 0.5 because I guessed the baddie. I also gave 4.5 to Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts , which is Nora's latest standalone. The first 3rd is simply incredible and the last 2/3s are also wonderful just not as gripping as the beginning.

5. Overall summary of your reading month? I'm keeping up the momentum and read 15 books. I enjoyed all except Day of the Duchess.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Veronica wrote: "I think I had a pretty good month for reading. I read across several genres so it was a nice mix. "

A great mix as always!

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Lauren wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month? Yes
I finished The Mackade Brothers by Nora Roberts and it was a great ending to the series. Also finished Scandal & Scoundrel by..."

Whoa!!! You moved forward in 10 series? Outstanding, Lauren!!

I’m a big fan of the McKade series, too. Glad you enjoyed. Loved Shelter, too.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2241 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Yes. I managed to get up to date in 5. Some were unexpected add ons like Up in Smoke (King, #8) by T.M. Frazier & Until Avery by Brynne Asher The rest
Zerox (Wicked Throttle MC #1) by Esther E. Schmidt Sico (Areion Fury MC #5) by Esther E. Schmidt Paris (Lost Valkyries MC #4) by Esther E. Schmidt Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17) by Nalini Singh and though I mangled to get to date with this series there are more coming out every month. Suncoast series by Tymber Dalton

I started a but really it was continuing reading the same author. Though it was all new series it was the same genre
Lost Valkyries MC -Esther E. Schmidt
Wicked Throttle MC
I started this series and read the first 3 but I don't think I'll be continuing
Breakneck -Crystal Spears
I finally started Psy/Changeling Trinity by Nalini Singh and am unsure if I want to continue it.
I also started Pure/Dark Ones by Aja James. I am on the fence about this one. Yes I loved the couple but the rest was frustrating because I finished with more question. Hose question I suppose will be answered as the series grows. I'm intrigued enough that I will be continuing

Besides those mentioned above I also moved forward with
Straight Guys by Alessandra Hazard
World of Kalquor by Tracy St. John

I read 26 books. Nothing really stands out. But then nothing wa really horrible either. anything that I just can't go on with then I just don't read it. Overall I liked what I read and that's all I need and want.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Jonetta wrote: "Whoa!!! You moved forward in 10 series? Outstanding, Lauren!!."

Our groups and buddy reads are helping with this a lot!

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Michelle wrote: "
I read 26 books. Nothing really stands out. But then nothing wa really horrible either. anything that I just can't go on with then I just don't read it. Overall I liked what I read and that's all I need and want. "

That's fantastic reading Michelle. So true about being satisfied overall. Nothing more we can ask for.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Michelle wrote: "

Yes. I managed to get up to date in 5. Some were unexpected add ons like Up in Smoke (King, #8) by T.M. Frazier& [bookcover:Until ..."

Michelle, 26 books read is amazing. Though you didn’t have any standouts, I’m glad you were satisfied with what you read. And, you had good progress in your series reading.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2241 comments Thank you ladies. I was lucky. Some of my books were 100pg . Makes you want to read more :-). But yes I'm glad I'm at appoint were I only read what's grabs me and don't feel guilty to dnf a book. Though even with those I'll jump yo the last chapter too get closure.

message 12: by Barb (last edited Aug 01, 2018 01:29PM) (new)

Barb My first check-in with this group! I'll have to add this to my monthly to-do list so I don't forget :)

Yes, and I'm excited about actually finishing Nora Roberts' In the Garden series :)
I got caught up in two others:
Wendy Tyson's Greenhouse series
Elly Griffiths' Stephens & Mephisto series

I started four new series, but will only continue the first here:
Dr. Katie LeClair series, by Dawn Eastman. Based on the book's average rating, I liked it much more than other GR users :)
Samantha Sweet series, by Connie Shelton
Culinary Competitions series, by Janel Gradowski
Fudge Shop series, by Christine DeSmet. I must not have been the only disappointed reader; there are only two books n this series.

My goal for 2018 is to advance as many of my already-started series as possible, so this should be a relatively high number each month :) In July, I moved forward in 11 series, so yay!

No 5-star books, but how about 4.5 stars? That goes to Rocket Men: The Daring Odyssey of Apollo 8 and the Astronauts Who Made Man's First Journey to the Moon. My entire family is into the space program, and this book was right up my alley. The only problem I had was picturing Tom Hanks every time Jim Lovell was mentioned :)

I did have several four-star books, including:
Unnatural Causes, by Dawn Eastman
Cottage by the Sea, by Debbie Macomber
Swamp Sniper, by Jana DeLeon
Rolling Thunder, by Chris Grabenstein
The Vanishing Box, by Elly Griffiths

My reading in July was boosted an extra couple of books due to being without internet, cable AND phone for nearly 48 hours at the end of the month! I'm happy with what I was able to read, and I managed to complete -- on time! -- all of my challenges that had a July 31 deadline :)

I discovered a couple of authors that I'd like to read more and crossed a few off my list. Any month where I decide to drop more series than I choose to continue is a good month for me right now, and finishing a series is even better.

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Barb wrote: "My first check-in with this group! I'll have to add this to my monthly to-do list so I don't forget :)

Yes, and I'm excited abo..."

Barb, you had a stellar month!!! Eleven series...you and Lauren are rock stars. Congrats!!!

I will always see Tom Hanks as Jim Lowell😍

(FYI, standout books don’t have to always be 5 stars...it’s up to you to define “standout.”)

message 14: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Nope! :(

Nope! :) That one gets a happy face because I am really, really trying to be good and finish what I have before starting something new!!

I moved forward in 2 series, hooray!

I really enjoyed H is for Homicide. It had a different feel than the other Grafton's I've read, which was refreshing.

I had an ok month, completing 4 books, and making good progress in my hefty read (currently Don Quixote).

message 15: by Barb (new)

Barb Jessika wrote: "making good progress in my hefty read (currently Don Quixote)"

I like that idea. I have a hard time convincing myself to pick up those incredibly long books because, well ... because they would take so long to finish. But breaking it up into several months (or longer) would make it much more tolerable. I'll have to see what doorstop books are on my list that I could tackle this way. Thanks for the inspiration!

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

Jessika wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Nope! :(

Nope! :) That one gets a happy face because ..."

Jessika, that’s really great, four books read and two of them advanced series! And, you avoided the new and shiny😏

One of these days I’ll start Grafton’s series. I’ve heard nothing but praise about the books.

message 17: by Laura (last edited Aug 01, 2018 05:21PM) (new)

Laura | 2204 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed Complete Me (Stark Trilogy, #3) by J. Kenner Rebel Heart (Rush Duet, #2) by Penelope Ward Worth the Risk by K. Bromberg
I got up to date in one
Here Comes the Sun (Butler, Vermont, #3) by Marie Force this redeemed the series for me. I was ready to divorce it but this I really loved.
I started 3 Stroked (Stroked, #1) by Meghan Quinn Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1) by Emma Chase I will continue both. These are both laugh out loud funny books. Stroked was a pleasant surprise. I needed a book about water sports for a challenge so I tried this one. It is about swimmers and divers in the summer Olympics. I'm looking forward to the next two.
Read 1-3 of Stark Trilogy will not continue with any novellas or rumored new book coming out. I feel like me reading all 3 was a waste of my time. I should have stopped after the first one.
3. Did you move forward in any series? How many? I did some mini binges

Real Series I'm loving the later books about the secondary characters more then the first 3 about the main character.
Remy (Real, #3) by Katy Evans Rogue (Real, #4) by Katy Evans Ripped (Real, #5) by Katy Evans
Killer Instincts
Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3) by Elle Kennedy Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4) by Elle Kennedy
KGI I am liking this series more and more with each book I read.
Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4) by Maya Banks Echoes at Dawn (KGI, #5) by Maya Banks
Mackenzies Mountain
Mackenzie's Mission (Mackenzie Family, #2) by Linda Howard Mackenzie's Pleasure (Mackenzie Family, #3) by Linda Howard
The O'Malleys
An Indecent Proposal (The O'Malleys, #3) by Katee Robert

12 5 star books. Most of the ones in the previous post. These Series are so great I couldn't stop at one.
Read 19 I'm loving all my current series

message 18: by Lorie Krehbiel (new)

Lorie Krehbiel 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month? Yes, 3. The two listed in question 2 and The Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson. At 1000+ pages per book, that is a major accomplishment.
Yes, 2. I will continue both. Happily Inc by Susan Mallery (read all 3 available) and DS Manon Bradshaw by Susie Steiner (read all 2 available)
Only ones already mentioned. Rest of my books were standalones.
Before and Again by Barbara Delinsky
Sisters First by Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush
Persons Unknown by Susie Steiner
All Happily Inc books
5. Overall summary of your reading month
Lots of standalones and 2 new series. Hope to read more existing series next month!

message 19: by Lynn (new)

Lynn My first progress report in this group! I'll try to remember to do this monthly :)

I finished 1 series. The "Kisses" series by Diane Namm. It's an old teen series from the 1990's. I kind of have an odd affection for Sweet Valley High-type books. I don't know why. These weren't very well-written though so I was glad to cross it off my list finally!

I didn't **plan** on starting any new series' but I did anyway. I can't seem to help myself lol I started

A Pie to Die for (Bakery Detectives #1) by Stacey Alabaster The Vampire Affair (The Vampire Affair, #1) by Vivi Anna

I plan to continue both, yes.

Just one -

Size 14 Is Not Fat Either (Heather Wells, #2) by Meg Cabot

Meg Cabot's books are always standouts for me. She writes really fun books. I need fun in my life! lol I also enjoyed these stand-alone books:

Dangerous Love The Bold and the Beautiful by Ros Baxter
Forbidden Affair (The Bold & the Beautiful) by Amy Andrews
The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
The Deal of a Lifetime by Fredrik Backman

I also did a re-read of Nancy Drew book 1, The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #1) by Carolyn Keene . Sometimes I like to revisit my wanton youth! And I always enjoy those books.

I read 16 books. That is a lot for me, especially because I was ill for awhile and didn't get much reading done. I hope to read at least half as many this month.

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

Laura wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed Complete Me (Stark Trilogy, #3) by J. KennerRebel Heart (Rush Duet, #2) by Penelope WardWorth the Risk by K. Bromberg
I got up to date ..."

Look at you, Laura! Outstanding month and you join a couple other reading machines posting here:)

So glad to see you liked the new Emma Chase series. Like you, I felt cheated after finishing that Stark “Trilogy” and wished I’d never started it (got the first book on NetGalley and there was no mention of it being a series).

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Lorie Krehbiel wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month? Yes, 3. The two listed in question 2 and The Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson. At 1000+ pages per book, that is a major a..."

Nice how you started and finished/got up to date in new series, Lorie! That’s the way to do it. Love that you rated Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life 5 Stars! I’ve got that on my shelf.

Congrats on that 1,000+ page book, too! That is an accomplishment. Great month!

message 22: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 01, 2018 05:54PM) (new)

Dlyn wrote: "My first progress report in this group! I'll try to remember to do this monthly :)

I finished 1 series. The "Kisses" series by ..."

First, I hope you’re okay health wise or on the mend, Dlyn.

Oh, how that Nancy Drew Book brings back WONDERFUL memories!!! I missed the Sweet Valley High era so Nancy’s my nostalgia.

Who really “plans” to start a new series? We are typically lured into those bright & shiny new things😏

Congrats on a very productive month!

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2204 comments Jonetta wrote: "Laura wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed Complete Me (Stark Trilogy, #3) by J. KennerRebel Heart (Rush Duet, #2) by Penelope WardWorth the Risk by K. Bromberg
I g..."

Have you read any other books by J Kenner? They are all so highly rated.

message 24: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Jonetta wrote: "Dlyn wrote: "My first progress report in this group! I'll try to remember to do this monthly :)

I finished 1 series. The "Kisse..."

Thanks. I think I am on the mend now!!! :)

message 25: by Jonetta (new)

Laura wrote: "Have you read any other books by J Kenner? They are all so highly rated..."

I’m convinced we’re just not a good writer/reader fit. Her stories are pretty uneven for me. I finished the three books in the Stark International series and really liked them. She popped out a prequel and a 4th book, as she’s prone to do but I passed. I started the Wanted series and bailed after the first book.

I no longer pursue her books because I’m convinced we’re just a bad fit. Too much sex over story for me. Read my reviews and see if any of my comments run same for you.

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2204 comments Jonetta wrote: "Laura wrote: "Have you read any other books by J Kenner? They are all so highly rated..."

I’m convinced we’re just not a good writer/reader fit. Her stories are pretty uneven for me. I finished th..."

I’ll pass on her, that’s why I hated Stark. I need more then 90/10
sex/plot.

message 27: by Jonetta (new)

Stark International was so much better but that’s it.

message 28: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1309 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I did not complete any this month, but I did get up to date in the Riders series by Veronica Rossi.
Seeker (Riders, #2) by Veronica Rossi

No new series this month.

I moved forward in 2 series: Throne of Glass (#3) and Sookie Stackhouse (#9.5).
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris

The only 5 star this month was Heir of Fire. I'm really enjoying this series.

I only read 4 books, but 2 of them were over 500 pages, so I'm pretty happy with it.

message 29: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 528 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Yes I did and didn't even realized it counted. With Promise Not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz I'm just waiting on the 3rd book to come out in 2019 sometime. So Yay!
Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz
2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? Yes...
Fragile by Lisa Unger
Death Below Stairs by Jennifer Ashley
Poppy Harmon Investigates by Lee Hollis
Year One by Nora Roberts
I'll read the next Poppy Harmon book but so far I'm not seeing when another will be released and I'll read the next book in the Year One series (technically I'm up to date with both those as well since the second books aren't even out yet LOL). I'll probably not read the other two.
Fragile by Lisa Unger Poppy Harmon Investigates by Lee Hollis Death Below Stairs (Kat Holloway Mysteries, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts
Yes. 5
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5) by Tess Gerritsen Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2) by Melinda Leigh Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5) by Nalini Singh Poisonous (Max Revere, #3) by Allison Brennan

No 5 stars. Not even 4.5s. Gave 3 books 4 stars including Archangel's Storm, Year One, and Heir of Fire.

Wished I would have had some outstanding books but the quantity I read I was very pleased with. Of course the last 1/3 of the month I went back to work from being off for almost 2 months and it affected my reading availability. I did read 10 books, down 2 from June, but for me that is still a great number.

message 30: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 528 comments Jonetta wrote: "Laura wrote: "Have you read any other books by J Kenner? They are all so highly rated..."

I’m convinced we’re just not a good writer/reader fit. Her stories are pretty uneven for me. I finished th..."

I haven't read any J Kenner books but did read a few Aphrodite books by Julie Kenner and liked them. They are fluff contemporary romances with a superhero theme. Nothing outstanding but not the sex upon sex books I've heard about in her J Kenner ones.

message 31: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1069 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I finished The Memoirs of Lady Trent (Within the Sanctuary of Wings) by Marie Brennan and I got up to date in The Host by Stephenmie Meyer.

I started The Host by Stephenie Meyer, but since only one book is out I'm up to date now. But I would like to continue this series hopefully the next book will come out someday.

I moved forward in two series:
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
Bewitched & Betrayed by Lisa Shearin
I also started Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas, but didn't finish it last month (will finish it today).

I really enjoyed Within the Sanctuary of Wings by Marie Brennan and The Host by Stephenie Meyer.

I have been on holiday for two weeks and really missed my two hours on the bus during those two weeks ;)
Still finished 8 books, but (re)read a few short ones.

Within the Sanctuary of Wings (The Memoirs of Lady Trent, #5) by Marie Brennan The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare Bewitched & Betrayed (Raine Benares #4) by Lisa Shearin

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Barb wrote: "My goal for 2018 is to advance as many of my already-started series as possible, so this should be a relatively high number each month :) In July, I moved forward in 11 series, so yay."

Yes! This groups is so good for continuing with the series that are piling up.

Glad you had such a great month, Barb!

message 33: by Lauren (new)

Jessika wrote: "Nope! :) That one gets a happy face because I am really, really trying to be good and finish what I have before starting something new!!"

I totally agree with that! Sometimes I just can't resist temptation though.

Don Quixote is lovely but long... Enjoy!

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

Melissa wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I did not complete any this month, but I did get up to date in the Riders series by Veronica Rossi.
Seeker (Riders, #2) by Veronica Rossi

..."

Sounds like a good month to me, Melissa! Congrats on moving forward in two series and getting up to date in one. Glad you’re joining in on the Throne of Glass series discussions, too!

message 35: by Jonetta (new)

Christina T wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Yes I did and didn't even realized it counted. With Promise Not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz I'm jus..."

Great month, Christina! Glad you were able to get some serious reading time in, though I’m glad you’re better health wise. Ten books is a really good achievement.

message 36: by Jonetta (new)

Lieke wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I finished The Memoirs of Lady Trent (Within the Sanctuary of Wings) by Marie Brennan and I got up to date in [bo..."

Nice work, Lieke! Isn’t it funny how we view our commutes so differently now that reading consumes the time☺️

Congrats on having a good month and reading experience!

message 37: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 104 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed the Six of Crows duology (Crooked Kingdom)

No new series this month :)

I moved forward in 4 series:
Blameless
Everwild
Murder on Lenox Hill
Wizard and Glass

I gave 5 stars to Crooked Kingdom. I like heist stories, and I got really attached to every main character which isn't something that happens all that often.

A good month. I moved forward in many series and I rated almost every book at least 4 stars. I also finally found Wizard and Glass at the library after waiting for months and managed to finish it (I already knew I wouldn't like it much, it being 80% flashback and romance heavy, but it was necessary to move forward in the series)

message 38: by Jonetta (new)

~ Giulia ~ wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed the Six of Crows duology (Crooked Kingdom)

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? W..."

Yay for the good month, Giulia! Congrats on getting that book you waited so long to get and moving forward in so many series. Love that your reading experience for the month was so satisfying.

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

Yes, I got up to date in four series:
The Lost Platoon by Monica McCarty
Black Dagger Brotherhood by J. R. Ward
Colorado High Country by Pamela Clare
Manhattan by Katy Evans

I started three series:
Chronicles of the One by Nora Roberts (will continue)
Polished by Alyssa Turner (will continue)
Jim McGill by Joseph Flynn (not sure)

I moved forward in three series:
Gaslight Mystery by Victoria Thompson
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Rizzoli & Isles by Tess Gerritsen

I had two 5-star reads, Year One and All We Ever Wanted, both I loved. Special mention for two 4-stars, Summit Lake and Two Steps Forward. I read fewer books than I wanted (13) but I’m okay because the reading experience was excellent.

I really liked every book I read this month and am happy with my series progress.

Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin Summit Lake by Charlie Donlea Two Steps Forward by Graeme Simsion

message 40: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2243 comments I thought I'd posted my answers last weekend, but it looks like I didn't do it...

Nope

I read the first book in Emma Chase's Tangled series, Tangled. I really didn't care for the hero in the book. I don't think I'll continue the series. I also started Robyn Carr's Grace Valley series, Deep in the Valley and will continue.

I moved forward in five series:
D.D. Warren - Lisa Gardner
Gaslight Mysteries - Victoria Thompson
Maiden Lane - Elizabeth Hoyt
Innocent Prisoner Project - Marti Green
Weekday Brides - Catherine Bybee

No 5-star books in July, but I did have three that I rated 4.5 stars:
Deep in the Valley (Grace Valley Trilogy, #1) by Robyn Carr Truly Madly Yours (Truly, Idaho, #1) by Rachel Gibson Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3) by Catherine Bybee

My reading was all over the place. My books ranged from 4.5 Stars to 1.5 Stars in July. I was happy that I finished 10 books.

message 41: by Jonetta (new)

Sorry I missed your post, Robin, and after such a good month!

Really glad to see that you’re liking the Grace Valley series as I haven’t read it yet, either. I wondered if it would lose something by having read it after VR.

Congrats on the 10 books!