Christian Fiction Devourers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Games/Quizzes > August 2018 -- Online Quizzes (was Online Trivia)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AlegnaB † (last edited Aug 01, 2018 02:06PM) (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments Synonym quiz: https://www.merriam-webster.com/word-...

Trivia with names of summer months — https://www.sporcle.com/games/El_Dand... -- You can skip if you don't know know the answer and go back to finish it if you have time.

message 2: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments I got 2760 on the synonym quiz. I've always said that I don't have a large vocabulary. I can't recall ever hearing or reading some of those words. Some of them sound like good words for the Balderdash game.

I got 100% on the Sporcle game. I had to skip some and go back after narrowing down the choices, and I guessed on a few.

message 3: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 2232 comments Mod
I got 2440 on the synonyms. Should have gone with my gut on a couple of the ones I didn't know.

70% on the other one, which isn't bad for having not studied.

message 4: by Hannah (last edited Aug 01, 2018 11:27AM) (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 860 comments I got 2240 on synonyms. I saw one word wrong and hit the wrong answer, so I could have been a little higher...

Got 18/20 on the sporcle game.

message 5: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Loraine (librarydiva) | 2854 comments Mod
I am a wordsmith but did awful on these words.

message 6: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments Andrea wrote: "I got 2440 on the synonyms. Should have gone with my gut on a couple of the ones I didn't know..."

Yep. Always go with your first thought — but who actually consistently does that? I was irritated at myself for not getting one particular one because as soon as I saw the answer, I immediately saw why it was a synonym, since a part of the word was familiar to me and clearly related to the other word.

Loraine wrote: "I am a wordsmith but did awful on these words."

There were some hard ones, but I did accurate guessing on a few. I need to go play Rummy Roots now. 🙂

message 7: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

I'm usually a better test taker and often go with my gut, but I'm chalking this one up to a fuzzy brain due to the illness I'm battling this week.

Thank you for sharing the Sporcle site. That helped me pass some time while my head ached. Sending you virtual hugs as a thank-you.

message 8: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments Andrea wrote: "I'm usually a better test taker and often go with my gut, but I'm chalking this one up to a fuzzy brain due to the illness I'm battling this week.

Thank you for sharing the Sporcle site. That help..."

You’re welcome. I hope you get well soon.

message 9: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Thanks. Me too.

message 10: by Bonny (new)

Bonny (bonnybonnybeth) | 400 comments Oh my goodness! I got the top score for the synonyms quiz, with 4320 points!! Wasn't expecting that!

message 11: by Bonny (new)

Bonny (bonnybonnybeth) | 400 comments Only 13/20 on the other one...

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 408 comments I got 8 out of 12 for the synonyms.

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 408 comments 75% on the other one.

message 14: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 200 comments Only did 1440 on synonyms. I couldn’t make the buttons work! Got 70 %” I’m average aren’t I “was the Remark!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.