The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
Read > The Night Circus

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
Thoughts?

FreYal Omar | 1 comments I loved this book!! I fell in love with the (tbh mysterious) but beautiful magic system. And the characters were so cute and ugh!!! OTP LOL. I LOVED the circus 😁

Alice 🌙 | 4 comments This book was so amazing and vivid! I loved every page of it.

Steph L (thetheatergeek) | 22 comments I have read this book before and I found it amazing!!!! I loved the fantasy aspect of it.

message 5: by Jess (last edited Aug 03, 2018 05:57AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jess Penhallow | 35 comments I'm giving this book a second chance. It sounds like it is just my kind of thing and I tried to read it years ago but I didn't like that it was in second person. That tense really annoys me because I like to view a book as an outsider rather than get immersed. I'm trying it on audiobook to see if that makes it better.

Can anyone tell me how much of the book is in second person? (e.g. you, your rather than I or they)

message 6: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
I guess I'm in the minority that didn't enjoy the book that much.

Jess Penhallow | 35 comments Okay, I finished it. I was glad that the second person narrative was used sparsely and did enjoy the rich descriptions but I found the plot to be confusing and the characters to be flat. Also, insta-love - eurrgh!

message 8: by D20 (new) - added it

D20 | 162 comments This has been on my tbr forever but I just didn't have time to read it this month. Some of the comments suggest I might not enjoy it all that much so I wonder if I should bother.

Dawn Loved this book! Vivid descriptions that sweep you away and make you want to join the circus as well!

message 10: by Aqsa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aqsa (her_747) | 570 comments I finished it!
WOW!

It's been a hell of a journey. I loved it all the way. It pulled me in from the very beginning. And I didn't wanna put it down and I didn't want to end it either.

It was magical, dream-like, beautiful really. I wanted to find that circus and get lost in it. The writing was beautiful, and picturesque.

Ofcourse the biggest challenge was to figure out about the challenge and how could it possibly end without breaking our hearts. And the solution was the best there could've been.
I'm so glad to have finally read it :)

message 11: by Aqsa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aqsa (her_747) | 570 comments Here are my thoughts after each part:
Part 1
(view spoiler)

Part 2
(view spoiler)

Part 3
(view spoiler)

Part 4
(view spoiler)