Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > August Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2008 comments Mod
Please share with us what romance you are listening to in August.

message 2: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments Next for me: The Wolf's Secret Vegas Bride by Eve Langlais from hoopla.

message 3: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Aug 02, 2018 07:41AM) (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 475 comments Currently listening to an audiobook giveaway I received... Love Connection by Camilla Isley Love Connection by Camilla Isley

message 4: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I started Undeniably You by Jewel E. Ann Undeniably You by Jewel E. Ann today. Mixed reviews for this one, but I usually like her stories. I never know what's going to happen, definitely not formula romance!

message 5: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 34 comments I'm currently listening to All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover whicsh I'm enjoying so far.

message 6: by L J (last edited Aug 08, 2018 11:59PM) (new)

L J | 366 comments Finished The Wolf's Secret Vegas Bride by Eve Langlais The Wolf's Secret Vegas Bride by Eve Langlais. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Most reveals were foreshadowed enough that they came as no surprise but I could easily read it again and enjoy it. The character and world building were well done as was the pacing.
This is a Howls Romance. I've only read these when they are by authors I read. Others weren't terrible but pacing was strange like the author wasn't comfortable with the length or they read more like old style category romance than paranormal romance. The Wolf's Secret Vegas Bride makes me think about trying others when I want something quick to read.

message 7: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I finished Hidden Away (KGI, #3) by Maya Banks Hidden Away by Maya Banks and really enjoyed it. The narrator (Harry Berkeley) was fantastic, perfect voice for alpha male characters.

Next up - Lucky Stars (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #5) by Kristen Ashley Lucky Stars by Kristen Ashley.

message 8: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Dickens (r4rhonda) | 1 comments Samantha wrote: "Please share with us what romance you are listening to in August."

Erica Ridley

message 9: by Samantha (new)

What book, Rhonda?

message 10: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments For no particular reason, I am doing a re-listen of Drums of Autumn Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon . Guess it is kind of a comfort listen.

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4417 comments Mod
Lee wrote: "For no particular reason, I am doing a re-listen of Drums of AutumnDrums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon. Guess it is kind of a comfort listen."

That’s up next for me as a first time read.

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (kind of hard to put down).
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Jonetta wrote: "I’m listening to Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (kind of hard to put down).
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover"

I have that on my list for the future. Hope you enjoy, Jonetta.

Listening to Ruthless King by Meghan March Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1) by Meghan March

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

Oh, Samantha, I’m enjoying! About 3 hours in.

message 15: by Marie (new)

Marie | 35 comments I am listening to Sierra Simone's Sinner Sinner (Priest) by Sierra Simone (Priest #2)

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover and loved it! Can’t wait for my buddy read discussion. Here’s my review.
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

message 17: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 134 comments I've not had much luck this month.
Bedfellows by Lola Leighton Menage light. No much to say about it. It did have three narrators, but the two male voices sounded so much alike that I got them confused. 3 stars.
Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1) by Vi Keeland and Rebel Heart (Rush Duet, #2) by Penelope Ward . I got through the first one (3 stars) but knew at the end I'd have a hard time with the sequel. I rarely dnf my audiobooks but I truly did not like where the story line went and I only got about 20% in before my dnf.
Mogul (Manhattan, #2) by Katy Evans Middle of the Road
Aiden (Vested Interest, #2) by Melanie Moreland I usually really like this author, but this one was another dnf.
Bentley (Vested Interest, #1) by Melanie Moreland Another middle of the road with a not very believable insta-love.
So August.....not so good so far!

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

Hang in there Melanie!

message 19: by Melanie♥ (last edited Aug 14, 2018 01:42PM) (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 134 comments Time for a comfort listen. Thinking maybe a Lisa Kleypas historical for a change of pace!

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Melanie♥ wrote: "Time for a comfort listen. Thinking maybe a Lisa Kleypas historical for a change of pace!"

Sometimes you got to go back to those comfort authors.

message 21: by Tiam (new)

Tiam O | 9 comments Listened to the Irresistible series by Stella Rhys and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have to say that the best book was the last one, called Hothead. Hot is an understatement. It’s narrated by Cassandra Myles and John Masterson. They both did a fantastic job, but WOW! That’s some hot, hot writing and dialogue. I blushed for them. I’m so glad the narrators are good at what they do. I highly recommend the series.

message 22: by L J (last edited Aug 22, 2018 03:05AM) (new)

L J | 366 comments Tanya Huff
Keeper Chronicles is sometimes described as romance but it is more paranormal than romance.
Summon the Keeper (Keeper Chronicles #1) by Tanya Huff Summon the Keeper #1
The Second Summoning (Keeper Chronicles, #2) by Tanya Huff The Second Summoning #2
Probably read later:
Long Hot Summoning (Keeper Chronicles #3) by Tanya Huff Long Hot Summoning #3
Since I am waiting for Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10) by Ilona Andrews Magic Triumphs, Ilona Andrews Magic Stars (Kate Daniels, #8.5, Grey Wolf, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Stars which implies a future romance but Julie is a bit young so Derek is waiting.

message 23: by Samantha (new)

I am listening to The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory The Wedding Date

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

I'm on hold for that.

message 25: by Samantha (new)

Jonetta wrote: "I'm on hold for that."

I was too. So far so good.

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover.
All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover

message 27: by Samantha (new)

Jonetta wrote: "I’m listening to All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover.
All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover"

I'm on hold for this. Enjoy.

message 28: by Jonetta (new)

Samantha, the beginning hooked me immediately.

message 29: by Samantha (new)

I can't wait for my copy to come in!

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 9 comments Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Currently listening to an audiobook giveaway I received...Love Connection by Camilla Isley Love Connection by Camilla Isley"

I really did NOT understand this one at all! It was nice... the different stories.. but I never knew what was actually happening, or what she was dreaming.. idk.

message 31: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 475 comments Ashley wrote: "Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Currently listening to an audiobook giveaway I received...Love Connection by Camilla Isley Love Connection by Camilla Isley"

I rea..."

Hi Ashley...in the beginning I thought so too. However, she was giving two sides of her "What If". What if she bailed on her best friends wedding or what if she attended. Two different outcomes. I guess the back and forth got a bit confusing but it came together for me.

message 32: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 475 comments Okay...Jonetta had me pulled in on All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover by Colleen Hoover..... so that's what I am listening to at the moment.

Afterwards, I will finish out Girls' Night Out by Liz Fenton by Liz Fenton

message 33: by Jonetta (new)

Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Okay...Jonetta had me pulled in on All Your Perfects by Colleen Hooverby Colleen Hoover..... so that's what I am listening to at the moment.

Afterwards, I will finish out [book..."

Sorry?:)

message 34: by Samantha (new)

Dang! I wish my copy came in :(

message 35: by Samantha (new)

I finished The Wedding Date The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory and it was blah! I wanted to love it ;(

message 36: by Jonetta (new)

Oh, that’s too bad.

message 37: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments Currently listening to Stay (WAGs, #2) by Sarina Bowen Stay by Sarina Bowen.

message 38: by Tiam (new)

Tiam O | 9 comments I just started The Hating Game by Sally Thorne and narrated by Katie Schorr. About 20 minutes, and I like the narrator’s voice. The book is well-written and funny so far. I might just have to listen to this one only at work.

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

Jam wrote: "I just started The Hating Game by Sally Thorne and narrated by Katie Schorr. About 20 minutes, and I like the narrator’s voice. The book is well-written and funny so far. I might just have to liste..."

Loved that audiobook! The narrator nails Lucy.

message 40: by Samantha (new)

I've started Troublemaker by Linda Howard Troublemaker (GO-Team, #1) by Linda Howard

message 41: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I finished Stay (WAGs, #2) by Sarina Bowen Stay by Sarina Bowen, I liked it. It was a funny sports romance with likable characters.

Now listening to If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins.

message 42: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 475 comments Jonetta wrote: "Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Okay...Jonetta had me pulled in on All Your Perfects by Colleen Hooverby Colleen Hoover..... so that's what I am listening to at the moment.

Afterwa..."

No sorries necessary. All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover All Your Perfects was a wonderful, teary and heartfelt story that had me from beginning to the end. It was worth delaying the other book and I truly thought it was great. 5-Stars on that one and I rarely give five stars.

message 43: by Jonetta (new)

Yay!

message 44: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished Stay (WAGs, #2) by Sarina BowenStay by Sarina Bowen, I liked it. It was a funny sports romance with likable characters.

Now listening to If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins..."

Oh, I hope you enjoy If You Only Knew!

message 45: by Samantha (new)

So glad to hear that, Debby.

message 46: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 475 comments Samantha wrote: "So glad to hear that, Debby."

Haven't had a really good book in a while and that was a very refreshing story.

message 47: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Just finished:

Spinning Silver
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
by Naomi Novak

This was a surprisingly excellent listen. Very unique.

The Russian accents were great.
The females were so strong.
The males were multi-layered.
Love story was unpredictable, yet wholly believable.

I'll definitely listen to this book again.

message 48: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 27, 2018 06:56PM) (new)

I finished listening to All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover and loved it! Here’s my review.

I'm listening to Once Pure by Cecy Robson, Shattered Past #3.
All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover Once Pure (Shattered Past #3) by Cecy Robson

message 49: by Trish (new)

Trish R. Jonetta wrote: "I finished listening to All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover and loved it! Here’s my review.

I'm listening to Once Pure by [author:Cecy Robson|61773..."

Has anyone joined Playster audio books? I'd love some personal info about.

Thanks

message 50: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments Jonetta wrote: "Oh, I hope you enjoy If You Only Knew! "

I finished If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins. The relationship between the sisters was the highlight, as well as the adorable triplets. Light on romance but it worked for me, I loved it.

Next up - Assumption (Underground Kings, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds Assumption by Aurora Rose Reynolds

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.