Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
This topic is about And I Darken
August - RECENTLY BOUGHT > Buddy read: And I Darken

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
It was a very close call, but in the end, one book had to come out victorious. Our buddy read for this month is And I Darken by Kiersten White! Will you join us?

message 2: by Arika, Dormouse (new) - added it

Arika (onceuponabookishnerd) | 239 comments Mod
I am going to be in on this Buddy Read as I just recently bought this book!

Brittney Carpenter I have it on hold at the library and will be picking it up today, so excited!

message 4: by Arika, Dormouse (new) - added it

I am starting this book today! so excited!

Caitie (caitiegirlreads) (caitiegirlreads) | 7 comments 127 pages into the hard copy... I didn't realize this book was based in our world. Is it just me or is it an oddly paced book with super short chapters?

I am very glad they just introduced a new character, because the story was starting to feel like a broken record... Lada is strong and angry, Radu is soft and sneaky.. whine, whine... (can't go to detailed for peeps who haven't gotten that far!)

I'm intrigued to see these friendships develop as I know next to nothing about the story!

message 6: by Arika, Dormouse (new) - added it

Caitie (caitiegirlreads) wrote: "127 pages into the hard copy... I didn't realize this book was based in our world. Is it just me or is it an oddly paced book with super short chapters?

I am very glad they just introduced a new c..."

I didn't realize it either until I got about 50 pages in. I am the same as you though, it is oddly paced and I am not super enthralled with it yet. I am hoping it starts to pick up soon!

lucie (arey) Caitie (caitiegirlreads) wrote: "127 pages into the hard copy... I didn't realize this book was based in our world. Is it just me or is it an oddly paced book with super short chapters?

I am very glad they just introduced a new c..."

Oh, Caitie, I wish I've dnfed it too. This book was one of the biggest book disappointments for me...

Brittney Carpenter I just finished it and about halfway through is when I became more invested in the characters and it became a quicker read. I failed at updating with my thoughts as I read.

message 9: by Arika, Dormouse (new) - added it

I think I am going to give it another shot once I finish the other book I just picked up. It was going way to slow for me so I had to get myself out of my slump with another quicker book.