You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Themed Reads: Preparation > September 2018 - Theme Nominations

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah, Moderator (last edited Aug 03, 2018 09:51AM) (new)

Sarah | 18117 comments It's time to nominate a theme for the September group reads.

If you have an idea for a theme, go ahead and nominate it below.

Please keep in mind what we have said the last couple of months about blatant nominations for themes that fit in to the yearly challenge.

If you don't have a theme idea, you can second someone else's nomination instead, but that will count as your own nomination, and that theme will be entered twice in random.org - giving the theme an additional chance to make the cut.

Only 5 themes will make the cut and end up in the poll.

Nominations can be seconded multiple times by different people. If you second a nomination, please make clear that is what you are doing. E.g. If I nominate "Books whose title starts with A", you need to state "I second Books whose title starts with A".

Nominations close 6th August

Nominations:
MC ho creates things with their hands (seconded)
Numbers (digits) in the title (seconded)
Wife in the title
Skulls on the cover
Fantasy

message 2: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14595 comments Psst Sarah, it's for September already ;-)

I had an idea a few days ago but of course I forgot. Maybe it will come back to me..

message 3: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18117 comments Are we in August now? Gosh yes. Time is flying by.

message 4: by Margo (last edited Aug 01, 2018 06:17AM) (new)

Margo | 9400 comments Can I nominate books where the MC's ocupation is to create things by hand i.e. woodworker, sculpter etc

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 2070 comments Oh Margo, I like that a lot, totally fits my vibe today! I will second MC’s making things by hand

message 6: by Lanelle (last edited Aug 01, 2018 06:39AM) (new)

Lanelle | 3037 comments September 16 is Wife Appreciation Day. I nominate books with 'wife' in the title.

message 7: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14595 comments I remember mine! Not as exciting as I thought it would be, but I nominate books with a number (actual number, so 19 but not nineteen) in the title.

message 8: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9400 comments Jenn wrote: "Oh Margo, I like that a lot, totally fits my vibe today! I will second MC’s making things by hand"

Thanks Jenn :-)

Peggy, my first thought was titles containing numbers - great minds etc etc

message 9: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 54 comments Peggy I like that idea . I second it

message 10: by Eliestal (new)

Eliestal | 255 comments I would like to nominate books with skull(s) on the cover!

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments I will second (or third) books with numbers in the title.

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather I would love to read some fantasy or science fiction. The past several months the books of been (in several of my book club/challenges) serious reads....like biographies, WWII, loss and tragedy. Let's read something just for entertainment!

IMHO -- just an idea...… :-)

message 13: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18117 comments Heather, would you like your nominal to be "science fiction and fantasy" or just one of the genres?

message 14: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18117 comments Liking the nominations so far people :-)

message 15: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14595 comments Sarah, not sure if I'm getting this wrong, but my nomination in the first post is now formulated as 'number words in title', while it should specifically not be words, just numbers. So Catch-22 would fit, but I Am Number Four would not.

I wasn't sure how to clearly formulate it when I nominated.

message 16: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18117 comments Sorry, I must have missed that somehow. I will adjust it now.

message 17: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14595 comments Ah yes, digits is the word I was looking for! Thanks :)

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather Sarah wrote: "Heather, would you like your nominal to be "science fiction and fantasy" or just one of the genres?"

I'd like to read from the genre - fantasy :-)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Catch-22 (other topics)
I Am Number Four (other topics)