『 Ionia 』 discussion

Falkhaven > Crossroads

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments A bookstore owned by Sophie Dunne's father. She works here, and will some day own it.

message 2: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Sophie stepped out of the backroom, carrying a stack of books. There were about four or five thick novels, and she let out a sigh when she set them on the front counter. "Are these the ones you wanted me to save for you?" She asked the customer that had been standing there. "Yes! Thank you very much." They said with a nod, and put some coins down on the counter. They picked up the books, and left the shop. "Bye! Have a nice day!" Sophie called out behind the customer. She picked up a cloth, and wiped off the excess dust that had spread from the books. When she finished, she threw the rag onto a chair and made her way to the bookshelves. Jeez.. Sophie thought when she saw how out of place some of the books were. She really disliked when customers brought their children in, as they'd often play around and make a ruckus.

message 3: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
Ryo tugged his hood over his eyes, hoping no one noticed him. He was almost unrecognizable, almost. Ryo made his way through the street, keeping his head down so no guards, or anyone for that matter, would pay attention to him. He soon found himself outside of Crossroads, and decided to go inside. Ryo pushed the door open, and quickly entered. Ryo probably shouldn't have been in the kingdom, seeing that he could easily be caught and thrown in Darkwater for his 'crimes'. He quickly snapped out of his thoughts, and debated whether he should take his hood off. Ryo pushed his hood back a little bit, just so his face was visible. He walked over to the counter. Ryo smiled when he noticed that Sophie was at the counter.

message 4: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Sophie turned away from the bookshelf when she heard the door open. She quickly ran to the counter, and squinted at the hooded figure. When he moved the hood slightly, she could tell it was Ryo. "That's definitely not suspicious." Sophie said teasingly, and smiled. She gestured for him to come behind the counter. "We're not very busy today..So you can take your hood off!" Sophie said once he took a seat. She went over to the backroom, and grabbed a cup of water. When she came back, she handed the cup to Ryo.

((this reply is naSTY))

message 5: by soub, egg (new)

Ryo slid his hood completely off, revealing his messy mop of blond hair. It stuck out at odd angles and was somewhat frizzy. "Ugh. I'm trying not to be suspicious," he said, somewhat annoyed. Ryo took the cup and thanked Sophie. "The streets are swarming with guards for some reason." He told Sophie. "I think something may have happened. Oh well, It's none of my concern anymore." Ryo took a drink of water and sighed.

message 6: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Sophie leaned against the counter, and laughed at the way his hair looked. She nodded in response to his 'thank you', and furrowed her eyebrows. "That's odd..I haven't heard anything." Sophie said. It was unusual for the streets to be heavily filled with guards. It was concerning to hear. Did someone spot him..? She thought, and pushed herself off the counter. "Anyways, what are you doing here?" Sophie asked curiously, and smiled.

message 7: by soub, egg (new)

Ryo ran his fingers through his hair, trying to straighten it out. "They're probably upping security because of everything that the White Fang has been doing." Ryo replied, trying to think of the most logical reason. "It was boring as hell, just wandering in the forest, so I decided to come into the city" Ryo answered, although it wasn't the best decision he had ever made.

message 8: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Sophie moved back over to the shelves so she could start stocking some of the books people sent in. "Ah, well in that case, can you help me?" She asked, shooting him a wide eyed look- she looked like a child begging its parents for something. She picked up a thick book, and skimmed through the first few pages. It seemed interesting, so she set it to the side to possibly read later. "Okay! Well there's nothing wrong with coming into the city, but please be careful." She said softly.

message 9: by soub, egg (new)

Ryo let out an exaggerated groan. "I guess..." he sighed dramatically. Ryo stood up and set his now empty cup on the counter. "What do you need help with?" He asked. Ryo frowned slightly, although he knew that Sophie was right. He needed to be more careful. "I'm never careful!" He tried to joke, although it simply wasn't funny.

((Sorry its short ughrijedks))

message 10: by muuumew (new)

muuumew | 1619 comments Sophie pointed at the cart of books. "I need you to put these on the taller shelves. It easier to get someone else to do it, rather than getting a ladder." She admitted, grinning. She moved out of the way so Ryo could get to the shelf, and grabbed a rag. While he stocked books, she'd try to clean up the dust that never seemed to go away. Sophie snorted, knowing full well that he was trying to joke. Before she went to work, Sophie playfully whacked him on the back of the head with the rag she had.