Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > August Birthdays LIH 2018

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melinda (last edited Aug 22, 2018 12:35PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Can you all believe that it is August? Time feels like it is flying. This place is cleaned up for this month's birthdays. Hope you are having a good season whether summer or winter.
Another month is on us and we will celebrate the birthdays of those born this month, shout out if you have one or know of one in our group.
Here is the list of birthdays that I have been able to find from last year.
Katrina August 3
Lily George August 10
Michelle August 12th
Victoria, August 13
Ruth August 19
Regina, Danica Favorite & Karen August 21

message 2: by Melinda (last edited Aug 01, 2018 08:17PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Since we do not have a birthday until August 3, I thought I would remind you of the event that Dorothy has put together for us. It is Special Event OREGON TRAIL WAGON TRAIN TRIP and the trip starts August 13-17. You need to register the wagon and the people from August 6th – 10th at the JOINING. This is a copy of a part of the message.August 13th – 17th. The journey begins. We leave first thing Monday morning. Be prepared, ladies! Who knows what may happen…

Dorothy has a list of supplies there that you need to have so CHECK IT OUT. It will be a challenge and fun and an adventure. Hope to see you there or here of hopefully both.

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hanging banners of yellow and blue for our first birthday in August.
Happy Birthday Katrina!

I am bring peach cobbler fresh from the oven. I will make sure there is milk in the refrigerator and a pitcher of water in there as well as ice tea. the ice tea is in four pitchers , sweet, unsweetened and two decaf because one is sweetened and one is not. The coffee is on a timer and the creamer is in the refrigerator. If you want hot tea, the hot water is in the coffee pot marked hot water. Plenty of different tea bags.

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Birthday Katrina!
Have a wonderful day!

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Katrina!

The peach cobbler is yummy. It's still blueberry season here, so I've brought a blueberry pie.

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 676 comments Happy Belated Birthday, Katrina! Hope you had a wonderful day!

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Happy belated birthday Katrina

message 8: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Belated Birthday Katrina! I hope you had a really great day!

message 9: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Lybbert | 11 comments Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Katrina. I'm sorry I missed it.

message 11: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments I'm so sorry I missed your birthday, Katrina. I hope you had a wonderful day!

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaning up and refreshing the drinks. Hanging the new banners in our theme for the next birthday. Our color theme is many shades of green. the tables are a beautiful ivory and each has a vase of pretty wildflowers.

Our next birthday is Lily George!

message 13: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Birthday, Lily George! Have a wonderful day!

I am adding an ice cream . The flowers and letters are in different shades of green with all different flowers.

message 14: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Happy Birthday Lily, adding Apple pies

message 15: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Lily George!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
I've added lots of fresh berries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries with some whipped cream and some sour cream for those who prefer that.

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Lily George! I've brought a lemon cake to add to the table.

message 17: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Don't forget to join us for our special event the trip to Oregon via the Oregon trail. you will find it under discussions. We need more people to come join our train.

message 18: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 676 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Lily George!

message 19: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday, Lily George. I hope you have a lovely day.

message 20: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaned up and ready for new banners for our next two birthdays. Our banners and tables in purple & pinks,with many balloons are multi color and hovering overhead for the next two birthdays. I do not want to miss either and I may miss getting on the internet tomorrow.( Sunday).
Our two birthdays are Michelle August 12th and Victoria, August 13.

message 21: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Birthday , Michelle! Have a wonderful day! Enjoyed yourself!

I brought homemade grape juice and grape jelly as well as homemade strawberry jelly.. I also have brought homemade bread that is fresh out of the ovens.

message 22: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy early birthday ,Victoria ! Hope you have something special planned. Have a wonderful day!

I also made a berry pie to add to the top. their are fresh grapes as well.

message 23: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Happy Birthday Michelle I am bringing some lemon butter to add to the table.

message 24: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments I hope you had a Happy Birthday Lily George! I'm sorry I missed it.

Happy Birthday, Michelle!
and
Victoria, I wish you a Happy Birthday a day early!
I set out vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting.
Enjoy!

message 25: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Andrea wrote: "I hope you had a Happy Birthday Lily George! I'm sorry I missed it.

Happy Birthday, Michelle!
and
Victoria, I wish you a Happy Birthday a day early!
I set out vanilla cupcakes with vanilla butt..."

Andrea,
The cupcakes smell wonderful. Glad that you could drop by.

message 26: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Happy Birthday Michelle I am bringing some lemon butter to add to the table."

Jenny,
I will have to try the lemon butter as I have never had any.

message 27: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday Michelle! And happy birthday, Victoria! I hope you both have a grand time on your special days.

I have brought some appetizers for the table. There are potato/ham puffs, cauliflower tots, sauerkraut balls and various dipping sauces for them.

Ladies, may I extend an invitation to join our Oregon Trail Wagon Train Trip! All you have to do to join up is to tell us your name, any other members of your party and pull your wagon into line in the circle. We leave tomorrow morning! And we're going to have a great time!

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 676 comments A belated Happy Birthday to Michelle & Victoria! Sorry that I missed your day! Hope you both had a wonderful day!

message 29: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 676 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Ruth!!!!!

message 30: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Ruth, I hope you have a Very Happy Birthday!
I brought some banana muffins with chocolate chips to share.

message 31: by Melinda (last edited Aug 19, 2018 12:57PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Sorry, Ruth , I lost a day and forgot to check.
Hanging Green and pink banners for Ruth's birthday.
Refreshed all of the drinks.

Happy birthday , Ruth!

I am going to put homemade chocolate chip cookies on the table . some have nuts and some do not. I put a label next to them.

message 32: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Andrea wrote: "Ruth, I hope you have a Very Happy Birthday!
I brought some banana muffins with chocolate chips to share."

The banana muffins look good. I have never had them with chocolate chips so I will try them. Thanks for the reminder of Ruth's birthday.

message 33: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Ruth! Hope your day was extra special.

message 34: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Getting ready for a big day with 3 birthdays.
The ceiling has h banners in multi colors and balloons are all above us in multi colors I hope all are having a great day and will get to stop by for some goodies and fellowship.

I have put a cake that is a strawberry one inside and out. I also have put a fruit tray out.

"Happy Birthday Regina-Danica& Karen"

Enjoy your day! Hope you have something special planned.

message 35: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 676 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Regina, Danica, & Karen!!! I'm bringing a warm apple crisp and ice cream.

message 36: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Regina, Danica and Karen! I'm adding a chocolate cake to the table.

message 37: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Belated Birthday to Regina, Danica, and Karen!
I hope you each had wonderful days!

message 38: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy belated birthday, Regina, Danica and Karen.

message 39: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Cleaning up and getting things ready for next month.

Hope all of our August birthday ladies had fun on their special day.