What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fiction/Fantasy with strong female protagonist and secondary character named Soren read sometime around 2010. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (last edited Aug 02, 2018 03:29PM) (new)

Kim | 1 comments The book I'm looking for had a pretty strong female protagonist, somehow related to or adopted by a family important enough to want to arrange her marriage to a lord named Soren who is older than her and she is unsure of, but eventually comes to respect and I think she falls in love with him.

SPOILER:

At the end of the book there is some sort of fire and I think he saves her, but his face gets scarred.

I also feel like she's some sort of rebel against the family/person that arranged her marriage/is currently in charge of the country. It is set in a fictional land that was either recovering from a recent war or still involved in that war... In my mind, it's similar to the Graceling series, but I know its a separate book because of the way the name Soren is sticking in my head. And I'm pretty sure it was a stand alone novel, not part of a series. Or at least the rest of the series hadn't been written when I read the book. I definitely checked a physical book out of the library, probably would have been in the 14-15 year old age range when I read it. And the book had to have been published before 2012, but I'm thinking I read it somewhere between 2007 and 2010.
Huge thanks to anyone who can help!

message 2: by Laura-Jayne (new)

Laura-Jayne | 4 comments The only book I can think of close to this is His Enemy’s Daughter by Terri Brisbin. Hope that was useful

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Kim, are you still looking for this or did you find it?