Art Lovers discussion

Photography Films > General Information

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather, Moderator (last edited Jul 31, 2018 05:20PM) (new)

Heather | 8354 comments Our own fellow Art Loving member, Geoffrey, a professional photographer himself, among other interests, mentioned someone who listed films about photography and/or photographers. This sounds like a great discussion, one which I hope many can relate.

Unfortunately, though I am the moderator, I confess I will have little to contribute here besides learning about new films and movies. I don't engage in watching movies or television on a regular basis. In fact, I don't even know how to use my own television remote(s)! SO...

Geoffrey, this is YOUR folder! Please explain how you would like us to post. I created the folder so we could make a thread for each film, or each photographer, and we can comment on those specific ones, that way they could be attributed to the correct film. But, I'm not sure how you would like to conduct this. If you would like to instruct the group (me) on how to go about navigating this folder, I will be happy to moderate it if you aren't comfortable taking it on yourself.

message 2: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments I will start with REAR WINDOW by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart with the slimey Raymond Burr. ( He plays a slimey wife killer but then goes on to play the very reputable Perry Mason)

message 3: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8354 comments Geoffrey wrote: "I will start with REAR WINDOW by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart with the slimey Raymond Burr. ( He plays a slimey wife killer but then goes on to play the very reputabl..."

I heard that was really good by several people. And I meant to check it out, now I can't remember if I ever did see it or not. :(

message 4: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments I have seen it thrice. It`s really good.

message 5: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8354 comments @ Geoffrey: This folder was your idea, it's all yours! When will we see it develop?

I'm sure you're just as busy as the rest of us, just wondering if you forgot... :)

message 6: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Blow Up.
Come on guys. Add to the list.

message 7: by Dirk, Moderator (new)

Dirk Van | 2775 comments Do you think Nightcrawler fits?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872718/

message 8: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8354 comments Geoffrey wrote: "I will start with REAR WINDOW by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart with the slimey Raymond Burr. ( He plays a slimey wife killer but then goes on to play the very reputabl..."

???

message 9: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8354 comments Dirk wrote: "Do you think Nightcrawler fits?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872718/"

Sure, Dirk! That looks good! Why don't you start a thread and tell us about it!

message 10: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Yup. Good flick.