Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > His Last Letter: MINUS Star

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments His Last Letter Elizabeth I and the Earl of Leicester by Jeane Westin

His Last Letter, Jeane Westin

Minus

1/2 ★, maybe even a minus

Well, it started out as a good idea... but then it got involved & the author lost the time & place and the language changed to modern day rot.

I do enjoy historical fiction, especially about 1500's, but this was so far off base. The author took blatant liberties w/ the personages & the non-fiction accounts in order to make up a fantastical "romance", which rang so far false, that it was a shameful sham.

I'm pretty sure that "sweetheart" just wasn't a part of courtly vocabulary... and much of the dialog had a 20th/21st century style....

In this book she called him "Rob"? Really? No Way in Hell.... She asked him to murder Mary Stuart while he was in his bed? No Way in Hell. That Dudley took Elizabeth's virginity? Ah, ha, ha, ha,ha....

Wow this author has one hell of an active imagination.

Thankfully it was a fast, albeit, boring read and it knocked off one more book from my TBR

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8531 comments Kimberly, you’re the one who’s had like the worst string of luck with books this year, right? Your reviews are hilarious, and we all know what not to read. I’m just eager for you to find something that really suits. I want you to fall in love with a book.

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Lol at the minus stars!!

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Amy wrote: "Kimberly, you’re the one who’s had like the worst string of luck with books this year, right? Your reviews are hilarious, and we all know what not to read. I’m just eager for you to find something ..."
Wait a few minutes for my next review 4 ★

message 5: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2336 comments I adore the minus stars! Positive or negative, I always love your reviews Kimberley!

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments KateNZ wrote: "I adore the minus stars! Positive or negative, I always love your reviews Kimberley!"

Thank-you

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Kimberly wrote: "KateNZ wrote: "I adore the minus stars! Positive or negative, I always love your reviews Kimberley!"

Thank-you" many of these were from my TBR....