Play Book Tag discussion

After You (Me Before You, #2)
This topic is about After You
Archive: Other Books > After You, by Jojo Moyes- 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joi (last edited Jul 31, 2018 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3812 comments I liked this. I did not like this as much as Me Before You, which got 5 stars for me. I'm teetering between 3-4 stars. 3.5 maybe. It was fun, Lou was lovable, this book was entertaining. It had drama, it had lots of moving plotlines, we saw all the old characters from the first book, kind of a "Where are they now" look. However it was all too unbelievable. Every plot seemed contrived just for the situation (Lily). The new love interest seemed too good to be true. Everything was just too set up for success. But with that being said, I do want to continue reading about Lou's adventures, and will definitely be reading Still Me.

Charlotte | 1582 comments I think I have it the same rating you did and I agree, I liked Me Before You so much better. I too will be reading the next in the series but I’m not in a huge hurry.

message 3: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3812 comments Exactly.
I think it's been a mixed bag with PBTers enjoying or not liking this continuation.

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I rated it 3 stars, agree with you that the plot lines were extremely contrived.