The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time discussion

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bridget Hanhila Another great one!

Vera Black Slays you with its eloquence.

message 3: by Stephenie (last edited Aug 23, 2018 04:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stephenie Hutchings I absolutely loved this book. Christopher is a purely good character and I totally resent his parent's toxicity.

Also, WTF is up with that neighbor that thought Christopher killed her dog? After knowing him for so long wouldn't you know if he was capable of killing an animal (which, he obviously loves dearly)? I was a bit upset with the author for this, so I took one star away out of spite. :P

message 4: by David (last edited Oct 29, 2018 03:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

David Also, WTF is up with that neighbor that thought Christopher killed her dog? After k..."

I think the author is highlighting the neighbor's prejudice toward Christopher. Perhaps it's his way of raising awareness to make us all think about how we relate to the Christophers in our lives?

Either way, I loved this book so much that I'm on a mission to read everything else by Mark Haddon. Just finished 'The Pier Falls' which also demonstrates some great writing technique.

Inhuman christopher never perceives the world as others do. When a challenge pops up he counters it with a way that nobody instructed him but a way he invented. That' s another method of survival which most of us are not used to.

message 6: by Aza (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aza Yep. The Curious Incident is one of my very favourite books. Teaches a lot about life and honesty.

Regena With increasing numbers of Aspberger’s adults living in our communities, we could all take a few lessons in trying to comprehend their perspective.

message 8: by Aza (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aza That is absolutely true, Regena. We need to look in the lenses of the suffering Asperger adults and children to understand them more clearly and sympathise towards them. That is why Curious Incident was one of my many favourites!