Our Classical Journey discussion

14 views
Books Read in 2017-2018 > The Moonstone - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5983 comments Mod
Please use this thread to discuss the book freely!


message 2: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5983 comments Mod
Is anyone reading this book? As I've stated elsewhere, I won't be reading this one but was curious if any members were going to start posting their comments.


message 3: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) | 563 comments I've read it a year or two ago. Can't say I remember enough to be able to comment here, but I'd be glad to read everybody's comments. I recall enjoying the book a lot.


message 4: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5983 comments Mod
Marina (Sonnenbarke) wrote: "I've read it a year or two ago. Can't say I remember enough to be able to comment here, but I'd be glad to read everybody's comments. I recall enjoying the book a lot."

I'd also like to read everyone's comments too Marina. Thanks for checking in. 😊


message 5: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 1564 comments I read this book a couple of years ago and really liked it. I enjoyed the various narrators, but I remember that Miss Clack got on my nerves, in a funny way.


message 6: by Tahera (new)

Tahera | 57 comments I finished reading this a month back and loved it! :D I liked how the whole story and mystery was uncovered through different narratives and it was very witty....loved it!


message 7: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5983 comments Mod
Rosemarie wrote: "I read this book a couple of years ago and really liked it. I enjoyed the various narrators, but I remember that Miss Clack got on my nerves, in a funny way."

Thanks for checking in Rosemarie! I have no idea what you're talking about but your comment made me laugh! 🤗


message 8: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 1564 comments Miss Clack would leave religious tracts in people's pockets, on tables when they weren't looking and was an eavesdropper.


message 9: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5983 comments Mod
Tahera wrote: "I finished reading this a month back and loved it! :D I liked how the whole story and mystery was uncovered through different narratives and it was very witty....loved it!"

Thanks Tahera! I know you just recently finished this book and that you liked it. Thanks for your comments! 😊


message 10: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5983 comments Mod
Rosemarie wrote: "Miss Clack would leave religious tracts in people's pockets, on tables when they weren't looking and was an eavesdropper."

She sounds like an enjoyable character! 😊


message 11: by Tahera (last edited Aug 13, 2018 08:42AM) (new)

Tahera | 57 comments Rosemarie wrote: "Miss Clack would leave religious tracts in people's pockets, on tables when they weren't looking and was an eavesdropper."

Loll religious books as well :P :P!!


message 12: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5983 comments Mod
Sorry to see that this book wasn't read by members who hadn't read it before. I know I for one wasn't going to read it when it won in the poll because I tried multiple times to read the book before and I just couldn't get into it. So for that I'm sorry because maybe had I tried again other readers would have joined the read.

But, oh well, onto our new reads for September! Here's hoping they're a better fit for all members! 😊


message 13: by Tom (new)

Tom Britz | 61 comments I read this book earlier this year and thought it one of the best novels I've ever read. I'm surprised to see that so many didn't. I've read The Woman In White also last year and consider Wilkie Collins a tremendous writer.


message 14: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5983 comments Mod
Tom wrote: "I read this book earlier this year and thought it one of the best novels I've ever read. I'm surprised to see that so many didn't. I've read The Woman In White also last year and consider Wilkie Co..."

I remember you saying that early on Tom. Again, sorry. 😕


back to top