Our Classical Journey discussion

Books Read in 2017-2018 > The Moonstone - Non-Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5983 comments Mod
Please use this thread for first impressions (non-spoilers), background and general information.

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom Britz | 61 comments The Moonstone is a well deserved classic. I found this along with The Woman In White as two of the best books I've ever read.

message 3: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Tom wrote: "The Moonstone is a well deserved classic. I found this along with The Woman In White as two of the best books I've ever read."

Really Tom? I've tried, several times, to read both books but they bored me senseless.

message 4: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 1564 comments I enjoyed this book and The Woman in White equally. I like the device of the different narrators.

message 5: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Rosemarie wrote: "I enjoyed this book and The Woman in White equally. I like the device of the different narrators."

On a scale of one to five, how did you rate both books Rosemarie?

message 6: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 1564 comments I gave them both four stars. I like The Moonstone a bit more than A Women in White, mainly because I like more of the characters.

message 7: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Rosemarie wrote: "I gave them both four stars. I like The Moonstone a bit more than A Women in White, mainly because I like more of the characters."

Thanks! 😊

message 8: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) | 563 comments I loved The Moonstone! On the other hand, I found The Woman in White good but pretty boring, so I understand what you say, Loretta.

message 9: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Marina (Sonnenbarke) wrote: "I loved The Moonstone! On the other hand, I found The Woman in White good but pretty boring, so I understand what you say, Loretta."

Maybe someday I'll try again to read these again but not anytime soon.

message 10: by Tahera (new)

Tahera | 57 comments I just finished reading The Moonstone and loved it!! It was such a fun ride!