Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

The Sorrows of Young Werther
This topic is about The Sorrows of Young Werther
Old School Classics, Pre-1900 > The Sorrows of Young Werther - NO spoilers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pink (last edited Jul 31, 2018 02:05PM) (new)

Pink | 6556 comments This is our Old School Classic Group Read for August 2018.

Please use this thread for general, spoiler free discussion of The Sorrows of Young Werther by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If you wish to discuss the plot in more detail, then please use the spoiler thread here

If you would like a free copy of the book, here are some links for e-book and audio versions:

Project Gutenberg

Librivox

Amazon UK

Amazon.com

I couldn't find free editions on kindle, but these were the cheapest I came across. If you find a free edition, let me know below.

Happy reading!

message 2: by Cynda (new) - added it

Cynda | 2755 comments I am starting this novel next week, perhaps this weekend. It has been a long time since I have read a good espistolary novel.

message 3: by Cynda (new) - added it

Cynda | 2755 comments Hi Chaitra. Yes. If like me, you avoid storing data on device, you can also use YouTube for librivox recording The Sorrows of Young Werther. I just searched for
Sorrows of young werther audio book.

Good Luck!

Terris | 2414 comments I listened on LibriVox and the two readers were pretty good. Also less than five hours. I enjoyed it!

Melanti | 2384 comments Here's the free US Amazon edition: https://www.amazon.com/Sorrows-Young-...

message 6: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn | 740 comments manybooks.net has the Kindle format.

message 7: by Greg (last edited Aug 04, 2018 10:38AM) (new)

Greg | 70 comments I wonder what the free translations are like - I sampled a few and chose The Sorrows of Young Werther back when I read it the first time.

message 8: by Cynda (new) - added it

Cynda | 2755 comments Hi Greg . Glad to see you here too/again!
I bought this copy to read from this month. I hope to start reading some tomorrow.

message 9: by Greg (new)

Greg | 70 comments Cynda wrote: "Hi Greg . Glad to see you here too/again!
I bought this copy to read from this month. I hope to start reading some tomorrow."

Hi Cynda! :)