What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

No Man on Earth
This topic is about No Man on Earth
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. 50's Scifi Paperback: Half Alien Son Builds Rocket to Explore Space and Find his Dad. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Derek G (last edited Jul 31, 2018 01:47PM) (new)

Derek G (goodreadscomderek_g) | 2 comments I read this book about ten years ago and cannot for the life of me remember the name. It was a paperback novel from the 50's (or maybe 60's). The story starts when an alien lands on earth and rapes a woman who lives in the middle of nowhere. She then has a son who has superhuman intelligence. Her son becomes obsessed with finding his father. He develops a new metal (I think) and uses it to create a rocketship so that he can travel through space looking for his father. He assembles a team and explores the galaxy until he finds his father and then (I think) brings him back to earth. Along the way, he leaves two of his team members (a man and woman; the most cynical) on a planet. On his way back he finds they've given up their cynical ways and have started a family, having fallen very much in love.

I wish I could remember more. I've been trying so hard to figure out what this movie is called and google has been no help, partially because its not that original an idea, recalling the movie The Man Who Fell to Earth, the novel Starmaker, among many other stories. Any help would be great.

Thank you all!

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4132 comments No Man on Earth? Someone else was also looking for it.

message 3: by Derek G (new)

Derek G (goodreadscomderek_g) | 2 comments Yes! That’s the one!

I knew there was a ‘...Man on Earth’ in there and the kicker is I let a friend borrow it years ago and have NO IDEA who that was. Wow! Incredible!

Thank you so much. This made me very happy.

Sincerely,
Derek