What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children’s/YA fantasy - young girl finds magical land/tree

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika | 5 comments I read this book in middle school between 1998-2000. It was probably published in the late 80’s or 90’s. It was from the fantasy genre and included a magical land that the young female main character found by following a trail that brought her to a waterfall with a hidden entrance. Once she was in the magical land there was some kind of dangerous landmark that lured people by emitting a pleasant scent that specifically appealed to each individual. For the main character I think it was a warm scent of cinnamon/honey/nuts/vanilla. I think this book may have also featured a relationship between the main character and her grandmother. Please help!

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments Any chance it could have been one of the Magician's House quartet books? The third book in the series is called The Tunnel Behind the Waterfall

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika | 5 comments Rachel wrote: "Any chance it could have been one of the Magician's House quartet books? The third book in the series is called The Tunnel Behind the Waterfall"

This might be it! I will have to re-read it to be sure but it was originally published in the right time frame. Thanks so much!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35691 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of The Tunnel Behind the Waterfall by William Corlett - Rachel's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Amm...

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Here's the Google Books preview of The Tunnel Behind the Waterfall by William Corlett - Rachel's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Amm......"

Thank you!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35691 comments Mod
Just to confirm, are you saying The Tunnel Behind the Waterfall is your book?

message 7: by Erika (new)

Erika | 5 comments No, sadly. I looked into it a bit more and it’s not the story I’m looking for.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 20133 comments Kind of reminds me of Shadow Castle, but I think it's too old and I don't remember a waterfall.

message 9: by Erika (new)

Erika | 5 comments After giving up on this search for a while I've decided to give it another go as I can't stop thinking about it! I've checked out both suggestions here and although Shadow Castle sounds kind of similar it is not the book I'm looking for. So, bump.