Great African Reads discussion

Woman at Point Zero
This topic is about Woman at Point Zero
Archived | Regional Books 2018 > Sept/Oct 2018 | Woman at Point Zero, by Nawal El-Saadawi NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anetq, Tour Operator & Guide (last edited Jul 31, 2018 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anetq | 709 comments Mod
This thread is for discussions of out Sept/Oct 2018 read of Woman at Point Zero, by Nawal El-Saadawi - with NO SPOILERS (there is a thread with spoilers allowed too) - so feel free to discuss book editions, availability, expectations etc. - when you get into the book, please join us in the spoiler thread! 

message 2: by Anetq, Tour Operator & Guide (last edited Jul 31, 2018 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anetq | 709 comments Mod
This group has read the book before in 2010 as part of the Tour D'Afrique for Egypt - If you want to have a look at the old discussion - it can be found here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
[May contain spoilers, the threads weren't divided then, so read at your own peril :) ]

message 3: by George P. (last edited Sep 02, 2018 11:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

George P. | 190 comments Sept is approaching, so I need to start reading this soon don't I? I already have a copy which I borrowed from the university library here (County & City libs don't have it). It's a worn paperback 1983 edition from Zed Books of London. From the due date stamps in the back it was checked out a lot in the 80s and 90s. Looking forward to it!

George P. | 190 comments I have started the book, in fact have read about 20 pages, which is not a lot, but it is a very short book, I would say a novella. It seems to primarily be about a woman in prison for murder. So far I'm finding the style pretty interesting. I am probably going to take it slow and read about 10 pages a day along with my other (4) books in progress. I will probably post on it to the spoiler thread hereafter.

message 5: by Wim, French Readings (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wim | 681 comments Mod
I just finished the book, that is indeed short but very captivating. It's a nice read, I recommend it.