What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Bonnie and Clyde style YA/NA books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily D | 2 comments I'm looking for Bonnie and Clyde style romance or fantasy books, or any genre really. Preferably young adult or new adult :)

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Like, where they're bank robbers?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily D | 2 comments Scott wrote: "Like, where they're bank robbers?"
Not necessarily bank robbers but with the main characters not staying in the law, kind of similar trope to 'Bad' by Chloe Esposito (this is the second book in the series but it's more of what I'm looking for than the first), where the main character ends up mixed up with the Italian mafia after accidently killing some people and sort of goes a bit killing mad. She ends up having to 'hunt down' her love interest as part of a test, then they plan to steal money together whilst on the run from the mafia. (For those who don't know what it's about)

Mostly not just your typical good girl/bad boy trope but bad girl/bad boy if that makes sense?

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments Have you seen Heathers?

message 5: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 87 comments You should definitely try the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. It’s about a teenage (16-19 year old) female assassin. She does have love interest(s), and combined with her occupation, it’s not really the good-girl-bad-boy relationship/trope. YA, high fantasy series. There are 6 books (#7 out I think October 2018) plus a collection of novellas. I believe the author recommends starting out with the novella collection, “The Assassin’s Blade,” then on to book 1, “Throne of Glass.” {or you could read it in publication order}

You might also enjoy the Witchlands series by Susan Dennard. YA, high fantasy. The two main female witches definitely aren’t law-abiding citizens, lol. Some love interests as well, also not the good-girl-bad-boy trope. Two main books plus a prequel are out so far. Book 1 is “Truthwitch.”

“Rebel of the Sands” by Alwyn Hamilton. Book 1 in series, YA, fantasy. Awesome female characters, MC doesn’t really abide by the law, no good-girl-bad-boy relationship/trope (it does have love interest(s)).

message 6: by Rosa (new)