Meg Cabot Fan Club discussion

Meg Cabot
This topic is about Meg Cabot
Meg Cabot Day

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

July 31st is Meg Cabot day. The mayor in bloomington where Meg is from made this day officual Meg Cabot day.
I try to read some meg cabot every year on this day. Dident manage this year. But will daydream of Jesse.

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana | 234 comments Mod
A few years ago I tried getting a BecauseOfMeg hashtag going on Twitter to celebrate the day; (it might have been when I had the Meg devoted blog event going) I think I might have been the only one who posted anything.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Aww Meg Cabot fabs exist but we dont seem so visible as other fans. Planning on starting to do booltube in the fall and will do MC focused vids.

♡AbbyBooks♡ | 47 comments OMG i would watch those videos @Oda

♡AbbyBooks♡ | 47 comments we need to be more out there i hope we can show that Meg Cabot has a fan base.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Abby♡Books wrote: "we need to be more out there i hope we can show that Meg Cabot has a fan base."

Yes seems like we do. I still havent started on the videos, as you might have noticed, still intent to do it.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Meg Cabot is not as "famous" or talked as much as other others I that she hasent had any MAYOR books out in a while, I mean the last few years she has written adult books and middle grade and at least the booktube society is very focused on YA books. Also her adult books arent(often at least) not very controversial.
I do remember when Royal wedding came out and lots of goodreaders were confused cause they thought Mias dad was dead. So maybe the movie is much more known than the book?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Tara wrote: "It seems to me that she is underrated alot"

Yes I mean if you need a book to get you in a good mood\make a bad day better she is the perfect choice.

♡AbbyBooks♡ | 47 comments Yeah I agree with all your guys points. Also is true with what Oda said about how booktube is more center with ya books then adult or middle school books. And maybe most seeing the movie over reading the whole book series. I have found some Youtubers who talk about Meg Cabot but is usually small Youtubers.

message 10: by Diana (new)

Diana | 234 comments Mod
She is definitely underrated. And fans are pretty hard to find. A few years ago I had a yearly blog event to celebrate the books that had come out those years, (starting with Underworld and Size 12 and Ready to Rock and ending with Royal Wedding and Middle School Princess) even with the few blogs that participated it was still hard getting a conversation going.

That's also kind of why I took over this group (the creator was no longer active and no one was really doing much on here) I wanted a place where we could go talk about her books

message 11: by ♡AbbyBooks♡ (new)

♡AbbyBooks♡ | 47 comments I can definitely understand that Diana

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Though in reality she is not "unknown" or struggling. I mean her books are translated to lots of languages and she keeps on writing books. Over 40 now I think.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Diana wrote: "She is definitely underrated. And fans are pretty hard to find. A few years ago I had a yearly blog event to celebrate the books that had come out those years, (starting with Underworld and Size 12..."

Diana I want to thank you for moderating the group even though its mostly you, me, and Abby that are active I do love having a place for Meg Cabot fans to talk.

message 14: by Diana (last edited Oct 12, 2018 01:27PM) (new)

Diana | 234 comments Mod
Oda Renate wrote: Diana I want to thank you for moderating the group even though its mostly you, me, and Abby that are active I do love having a place for Meg Cabot fans to talk. "

Thanks for saying that. When I first started I tried setting up group reads, added so many discussions and even sent out a group email letting everyone know what was going on; inviting them to come participate. Unfortunately, I don't remember what I said exactly but I got at least one angry response because it came off like I was demanding they participate if they were going to be a part of the group. After that I decided to just mellow out and keep things running for whoever wants to.

And, as with any group, people do come and go- I just realized that it's been a while since I've talked in any of the other groups I'm a member of- so it does happen. And since this is an authors fan club not everyone is going to be reading her books, also I think new members might be hesitant if they don't see new on going conversations. Like "I want to talk about this book but no one else has posted on this thread in a few years."
Plus I was looking through the members list and a lot of people haven't been active on Goodreads for, like, ten years so that 500+ is a little misleading on the actual group size.

message 15: by ♡AbbyBooks♡ (new)

♡AbbyBooks♡ | 47 comments I agree with what you both have said and wrote here. I also want to add I usually don't write in many groups I'm in cause I feel I sometimes feel.different on some books that other talk about. In some groups they only talk about popular books or books I haven't read and sometimes I feel my reading is different from most that why I usually don't write in any groups on in. Yes I join but I being in communities and blogs where I feel alone so that why writing to talk to others can be hard on me.