The Heir (The Selection, #4)
This topic is about The Heir
July 2018: Dystopian > The Heir by Kiera Cass 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1623 comments The Heir by Kiera Cass
3 stars
The Crown
Yep... I'm still stuck on this series this month. This is the 4th in the series of 5. I can't really say much about it with out giving away the end of the third. So I'm just going to say that it's the same as the rest. A guilty pleasure. I'm enjoying the series and hating myself for it.

I will say Cass tried to make the female character strong in this one but I still found myself rolling my eyes and deep sighing a lot from my annoyance.

On to the 5th and final of the series, The Crown...

message 2: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3830 comments You passed me! Lol. Solid 3 stars, I'll probably enjoy. It's been a while since I've read the rest of them. Does the departure from the main characters- America- and the focus on the daughter detract from the book at all?

Also, I just finished The Belles. I'm sure you don't want to get invested in another YA Dystopian series, but I think you'd enjoy it as another guilty pleasure read.

Charlotte | 1623 comments Thank you! I added it to my TBR. I like to always keep a couple of guilty pleasures on hand for when life gets to be too much.

It's almost like it's a whole other series. You don't necessarily need to have read the the previous 3 but it helps add to the overall story. I always like when series do this and focus on another character after the previous happily ever after. Nora Roberts does that in a lot of her series so it's a writing style I'm already use to. It's almost like a spin off for a TV show.

message 4: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2615 comments Hilarious, Charlotte! I’m still waiting for 2 and 3 to arrive from the library. So I can consume Cordon Bleu in peace for the moment (aka the Booker longlist) and then scoff super-sweet ice-cream when the library pays up... Guilty pleasures indeed. And not one that a few gym sessions will help with 😋

message 5: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3830 comments Lol, maybe we need to make book-themed workouts after all this guilty pleasure reading.

You guys are definitely making me want to finish the series now, haha.

Charlotte | 1623 comments Ha! I do "book" workouts all the time. I live on a big hill and I'll throw on a fun memoir like Tina Fey's or something and walk up and down that sucker.

I will say I think #4 and definitely #5 are super short. I think 5 might be the shortest out of all of them. I feel like it took me no time to read it... the review for it coming shortly lol.