Play Book Tag discussion

Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood
This topic is about Born a Crime
Archive: Other Books > Born a Crime by Trevor Noah 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1580 comments Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
5 stars

I thought this was an amazing book. I went into it ignorant. I knew that Trevor Noah was from South Africa but didn't think about what that meant. I've heard of apartheid but was naive to what it meant for the various people that lived in the area.

I listened to the Audible version of this book where Trevor Noah himself read it and it was fantastic. You couldn't tell he was reading it, it was like he was simply telling the stories of his life. And wow... what a life.

For me, it was eye opening and enlightening insight into cultures and the way of life in another part of the world that I'm not familiar with. There is so much racism there and I found it interesting to hear about it and his perspective of it as mixed race.

After finishing this book I have a new perspective on South Africa and Trevor Noah. I'm definitely even more of a fan than I was before.

annapi | 4975 comments I think we are all fans of this book here at PBT!

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Loved it, especially listening to him speak all the languages he is fluent in.

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2221 comments I have this book and still have't gotten to reading it. I absolutely need to do that.

Charlotte | 1580 comments Ladyslott wrote: "Loved it, especially listening to him speak all the languages he is fluent in."

I think that was my favorite part of the whole audiobook!

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann_reads) Count me as another fan of Born A Crime, especially the audio version. I found it to be enlightening too, Charlotte. Nice review!