Let's Talk Love Stories! discussion

Genre Of The Month > August - Classic Romance

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 4745 comments Mod
For the month of August, we'll be discussing books belonging to the genre of Classic Romance. Tell us which books you're reading this month.
description

message 2: by Mercy (new)

Mercy Madison I'm working my way through North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I haven't made it too far into the book yet, but the BBC movie is phenomenal. I can't wait to see how much better the book will be.

message 3: by Ipshita (last edited Aug 01, 2018 12:05AM) (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 4745 comments Mod
Hope you enjoy the book, Mercy!

I've heard good things about the BBC adaptation as well. A friend tried reading the book, she struggled a bit with it though so I might just watch the movie only.

message 4: by Mercy (new)

Mercy Madison Ipshita wrote: "Hope you enjoy the book, Mercy!

I've heard good things about the BBC adaptation as well. A friend tried reading the book, she struggled a bit with it though so I might just watch the movie only."

It is a bit of a hard read. I guess we just aren't familiar enough with the language of the 1800s. Haha. It even took me some time to read Pride and Prejudice and that is such a good book. So, just watching the BBC version will be just fine with me. It really is a good movie and Richard Armitage as Mr. Thornton is so perfect.