2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Veronica's August 2018 Reading Plan

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (last edited Sep 04, 2018 11:59AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments I still have four books I'm carrying over from previous months and I'm determined to get those finished. So I'm limiting my other reading and vowing never again to try juggling more than two books at a time (one physical copy and one audio).

Carry-over From Last Month:
House of Chains - 4th in series; BR (FBR) ★★★
The Providence Rider - 4th in series ★★★
A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder - 1st in series
North and South

UF/FANTASY/SCIENCE FICTION:
Prince of Dogs - 2nd in series; BR (FBR) ★★★ 3/4
Midnight Tides - 5th in series; BR (FBR) ★★★★★
Slouch Witch - 1st in series; BoTM (GG&G)

CONTEMPORARY MYSTERY/SUSPENSE THRILLER:
Phantom Instinct - standalone ★★★
Evil Games - 2nd in series; GR (SW) ★★★★

MOOD READS:
The Nameless Day - 1st in series ★★★★
Hook, Line and Blinker - 10th in series ★★★
The Wounded Hawk- 2nd in series ★★★★
The River of Souls - 5th in series ★★★
WebMage - 1st in series; CR (D&D) ★★★
Pulse - 1st in series ★★★★

GR = group read
SR = series read
BR = buddy read
CR = challenge read

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2184 comments Enjoy our reading.

message 3: by Veronica (last edited Jul 31, 2018 07:51AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Michelle wrote: "Enjoy our reading."

Thanks, Michelle. I'll be happy if I can just manage to clear off my carry-over books. :-)

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10511 comments Mod
Good luck with your carryovers. I know the feeling😏

Nice titles and mix (as usual)! Enjoy.

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Jonetta wrote: "Good luck with your carryovers. I know the feeling😏

Nice titles and mix (as usual)! Enjoy."

Haha, thanks, Jonetta. It's stressing me out. :-)

message 6: by Barb (new)

Barb Veronica wrote: "A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder - 1st in series"

I've just added this to Mt. TBR and was surprised to see that my library system actually has the book in its collection! I'll be watching to see what you think of it.

message 7: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Good luck this month!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2146 comments Enjoy your books!!

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Barb wrote: "Veronica wrote: "A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder - 1st in series"

I've just added this to Mt. TBR and was surprised to see that my library system actually has the book in its collection! I'..."

The cute cover drew me, I confess. I'll be sure to post my thoughts once I'm done.

message 10: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Jessika wrote: "Good luck this month!"

Thanks, Jessika. The carry-over books are my priority this month. Maybe. ;-)

message 11: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Laura wrote: "Enjoy your books!!"

Thanks, Laura!

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4069 comments Mod
Looking forward to your thoughts on Evil Games.
Have a fantastic month and good luck with the carry overs :)

message 13: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Lauren wrote: "Looking forward to your thoughts on Evil Games.
Have a fantastic month and good luck with the carry overs :)"

Thanks, I need all the luck I can get...especially since I've already gotten sidetracked by a book not on my plan. lol

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4069 comments Mod
Ah, the lure of the new and shiny...

message 15: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Have a great month. I hope you enjoy Midnight Tides and Evil Games.

message 16: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Angela wrote: "Have a great month. I hope you enjoy Midnight Tides and Evil Games."

Thanks, Angela. I'm sure I will...on both counts.

message 17: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished The Nameless Day and liked it - gave it four stars - my review

message 18: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished the 10th book in the Miss Fortune series (one more book to go!) - the usual three stars for this light read.

message 19: by Veronica (last edited Aug 09, 2018 10:31PM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments I finally finished one of the books that I've been carrying over since June - House of Chains...four stars and my review.

message 20: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished The Wounded Hawk and gave it four solid stars - my review.

message 21: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished Evil Games, an excellent f/u in the series with a truly despicable villain. I gave it four stars - my review.

message 22: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments I also finished Prince of Dogs. It's a slower paced fantasy series but it's enjoyable. I gave it 3.75 stars, rounded up - my review.

message 23: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished another one of my carry-over books: The Providence Rider - three stars and my review.

message 24: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished The River of Souls - three stars.

message 25: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished WebMage - a bit dated but some funny parts. I liked it though probably not enough to go through the trouble of tracking down the rest of the series. ★★★

message 26: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished Midnight Tides which was a strong comeback from the last book. This one was a definite five stars - my review.

message 27: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Snuck in a reread before the month ran out - Pulse, still four stars and my original review.

message 28: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Oops, and forgot that I also finished Phantom Instinct - three stars and my review.