Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > Para Cozies

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypp) | 159 comments Hi! I am looking for recommendations for some fun para cozies to check out. I have read Joyce and Jim Lavene's Retired Witches series and am currently reading one of the books in their Missing Pieces series. I have read an Angie Fox book so I am aware of her books. I really enjoy indie authors, but will take any recs seriously. Bonus points if I can get them on Kindle Unlimited. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Simmons (arsimmons) | 16 comments I consider my Richard Carter mystery/suspense series "para cozies."
You will have to judge. The 12 novels are on Kindle Unlimited. Find at:
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00DWAU8T8

message 3: by Barb (new)

Barb | 984 comments Cindy wrote: "Hi! I am looking for recommendations for some fun para cozies to check out."

I'm not sure what you mean by para cozies? With ghost/s in the story? Witches? Maybe a touch of magic?

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypp) | 159 comments Barb wrote: "Cindy wrote: "Hi! I am looking for recommendations for some fun para cozies to check out."

I'm not sure what you mean by para cozies? With ghost/s in the story? Witches? Maybe a touch of magic?"

Yes, anything with a paranormal aspect to it.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypp) | 159 comments A.R. wrote: "I consider my Richard Carter mystery/suspense series "para cozies."
You will have to judge. The 12 novels are on Kindle Unlimited. Find at:
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00DWAU8T8"

Thank you! I will check it out!

message 6: by Melodie (last edited Jul 31, 2018 11:00AM) (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Cindy wrote: "Hi! I am looking for recommendations for some fun para cozies to check out. I have read Joyce and Jim Lavene's Retired Witches series and am currently reading one of the books in their Missing Piec..."

Heather Blake's Wishcraft series and Magic Potion series are some of my very favorite paranormal cozy series. Also recommend Carol J. Perry's Magic City series.

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypp) | 159 comments Melodie wrote: "Cindy wrote: "Hi! I am looking for recommendations for some fun para cozies to check out. I have read Joyce and Jim Lavene's Retired Witches series and am currently reading one of the books in thei..."

Thank you!

message 8: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Simmons (arsimmons) | 16 comments I may have unintentionally misled because of my misunderstanding of the the prefix "para." I understood para cozies as "semi" cozies. My stories have cozy qualities in that they are small town oriented with little overt violence, no explicit sex, and only mild profanity.
My apologies to one and all.

message 9: by Barb (new)

Barb | 984 comments Cindy wrote: "Yes, anything with a paranormal aspect to it."

OK then, you might like these series:
Haunted Guesthouse series, by E.J. Copperman
Haunted Bookshop series, by Alice Kimberly
Mudbug series, by Jana Deleon
Sweet Pepper Fire Brigade series, by J.J. Cook
Stacy Justice series, by Barbra Annino
Haunted Library series, by Allison Brook
Secret, Book and Scone Society series, by Ellery Adams
Magic Garden series, by Amanda Flower
Family Skeleton series, by Leigh Perry - if you count a skeleton that communicates with his 'family'
Aunt Dimity series, by Nancy Atherton - there's a ghostly presence (sort of) in this series, but it's not really crucial to the plots

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Oh, 2 more excellent series by Juliet Blackwell, Witchcraft series and Haunted Home Renovations series. Both take place in one of my favorite cities, San Francisco!

message 11: by Barb (new)

Barb | 984 comments Those are on my list, Melodie, but I haven't started them yet, so I didn't want to suggest them here :)

message 12: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypp) | 159 comments Thank you for all the recs! Looking into them all! A.R. Simmons, I am still going to check out your series so thank you for putting it out there! 😁

message 13: by Eric (new)

Eric Sowder | 9 comments I loved the A Ghost Hunters mystery by Victoria Laurie about a group of paranormal investigators on a tv show and there main character is a medium had a great fun mix of interesting characters

message 14: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1163 comments OK so you mean para-nomal cozies, not para-professional.

message 15: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Simmons (arsimmons) | 16 comments "Para cozy" is an interesting title for a sub genre. Since they take place in a small community, have no graphic violence, have no explicit sex, and only have a small amount of mild profanity, I would use the term to describe my series.

(By the way, let's be kind in the way we respond to each other.)