Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

Extraordinary People (Enzo Files, #1)
This topic is about Extraordinary People
Archives > August 2018-Final Thoughts-**Spoilers Allowed**- Extraordinary People

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Phrynne | 3655 comments Mod
Final thoughts (and reviews if you like) on Extraordinary People (The Enzo Files, #1) by Peter May Extraordinary People by Peter May

message 2: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 9440 comments Mod
Loved this one - I hope everyone else does too!

message 3: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Phrynne | 3655 comments Mod
I was a teeny tiny bit on the fence when I finished this one but went on to read the whole series and it was great!!!

message 4: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes I remember you weren't as keen as I was... glad you kept going on the series though :)

Jenny (diggensjenny) | 447 comments I love reading Peter May books and Extraordinary People did not disappoint. I loved Peter May's portrayal of his characters and the way they intertwine with each other. I like that the plots of Peter May's books are always different. Peter May is an excellent writer and he always ensures that I engaged with his characters and the plot of his books. I love the way incorporates his twist and turns.

message 6: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

He's a great writer Jenny :)

message 7: by Jenny (last edited Aug 08, 2018 05:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny (diggensjenny) | 447 comments Brenda wrote: "He's a great writer Jenny :)"

I agree, Brenda. In Extraordinary People, I like that the main character Enzo Macleod was a forensic scientist and not a law enforcement officer. Also, that Enzo Macleod was not perfect and had made mistakes, however, still loved his two daughters.

Kylie D | 347 comments I just finished this one, and I must say I had fun racing around France solving the clues. Not that I actually solved any myself...

message 9: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

LOL! Glad you enjoyed it Kylie :)

Kylie H | 835 comments I just finished reading this and really enjoyed it too. I love books that have lots of clues and puzzles. I thought the characters were all very interesting and really liked Enzo and his imperfections and down to earth qualities. This is the first Peter May book that I have read so I will be sure to search out more ☺ Thanks for the recommendation whoever nominated this! C'est formidable!

message 11: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Glad you enjoyed it Kylie :) I've loved everything I've read by him!

message 12: by Rob (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob | 635 comments Have to say that this is probably not my favourite Peter May book. I found it to be a bit slow in places. I couldn't believe that Enzo thought that Charlotte might be the killer seeing as she was sitting next to Enzo in the car as the truck tried to run them of the road.

message 13: by Kerri_M (last edited Aug 27, 2018 01:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kerri_M | 679 comments Woo hoo! A new Peter May series. Loved the Lewis series, and enjoyed #1 in the Enzo series Extraordinary People (or Dry Bones as my copy was called). Looking forward to jumping in to the rest of the series.

Dry Bones (The Enzo Files, #1) by Peter May ★★★★

message 14: by Heather (last edited Aug 30, 2018 01:35AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Heather | 42 comments I have read a few Peter May novels but this one disappointed. Maybe because it's one of his earlier novels. I thought it tried too hard to be French although the lead wasn't and I couldn't get round why much younger, overdressed, beautiful and successful women would see anything in a man described by his daughter as looking like a "homeless man"

Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Extraordinary People (other topics)
Dry Bones (other topics)
Extraordinary People (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peter May (other topics)