Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

The Gathering Murders (Inspector Torquil McKinnon, #1)
This topic is about The Gathering Murders
Book Club Selection > Spoiler Discussion (Aug 2018) Value Read - The Gathering Murders, by Keith Moray

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Gooch | 4082 comments Mod
******* THIS THREAD MAY GIVE INFORMATION AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED THE BOOK ******

This is a spoiler thread for the August Value Book Read:The Gathering Murders, by Keith Moray
Post in here if you wish to comment on the book and discuss details that may spoil or give away important or pertinent details for those who haven't read or finished the book yet.

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 564 comments I hate to admit that I still have not finished this :(. I don't know what it is about it but I am having trouble pushing past the first few chapters...

Beth Stewart | 606 comments AngryGreyCat. I hear you. It's a slow go through the first half of the book

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 564 comments I finally finished this today and was pretty disappointed. I loved the idea, but I really found the characters to be unbelievable/not life-like. I guessed the killer when she returned to Fiona's room, it had to be a woman to be about her shape and size. In the beginning it read to me like a romantic suspense novel, until they killed of the female lead.

Beth Stewart | 606 comments AngryGreyCat wrote: "I finally finished this today and was pretty disappointed.... found the characters to be unbelievable/not life-like......."

I agree. Perhaps that was the problem with the whole book. the characters were not well developed and one couldn't identify with any of them.

it was like reading a grade 10 essay .

I think the author tried to impress us with terms for bagpiping, but Even the piping terminology relating to pibroch reaches a very small community of bagpipers!!

certainly haven't added this author to my "must read" listing!

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 564 comments Beth wrote: "AngryGreyCat wrote: "I finally finished this today and was pretty disappointed.... found the characters to be unbelievable/not life-like......."

I agree. Perhaps that was the problem with the whol..."

I just felt like the characters, in particular the main man, "motorcycle riding but sensitive spirit" man and the "queen of crime" leather wearing beautiful motorcycle riding tough girl just seemed like they were pulled right out of a current romance novel. They did not feel like real people to me.

message 7: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim (kimsbooklists) My August got away from me and I'm just now finding time to post my review and comments. I completely agree with several comments above. The main characters were unbelievable and the addition of the bagpipe instruction course was too much for me. I felt the premise of the book could have made a fantastic story, but it just wasn't executed very well. I can't decide if I want to give another in the series a try or not.