Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

General Discussion > What are your top three favorite paranormal romance novels?

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 501 comments Mod
If you can, and I know it's going to be difficult to narrow it down, post your top 3 favorite paranormal romance novels.

message 2: by Daniel (last edited Aug 04, 2018 09:33PM) (new)

Daniel Sugar I'm not sure if it qualifies but "Rosemary's Baby" by Ira Levin is one of my top three. (Rosemary and her husband are in love when the book begins so I guess it's a romance - just one that doesn't end particularly well...)

I also love "The Dead Zone" by Stephen King. (The ill-fated romance runs through the entire novel and is central to the terrifying events that ultimately unfold.)

Finally, I would choose Bram Stoker's "Dracula". Count Dracula makes Jonathan a prisoner in his castle (which doesn't exactly do wonders for Jonathan's love affair with Mina).

Helena#bookdreamer | 5 comments I would say:
Semi-Charmed (Harper Hall Investigations, #1) by Isabel Jordan
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost
Fire and Ice (Five Worlds, #1) by Carrie Olguin

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (katwiththehat) | 7 comments Black Dagger Brotherhood series for me!

message 5: by Sandra J (last edited Aug 14, 2018 01:37PM) (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 67 comments Psy-Changling series, Sisters of the Heart series, Harmony/Rainshadow series, and Elder Races series

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh Water Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #1) by Christine Feehan , After Dark (Ghost Hunters, #1) by Jayne Castle , Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

message 6: by Heather (last edited Aug 20, 2018 11:17AM) (new)

Heather | 11 comments Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan
Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1) by Bec McMaster
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole

Love, love, love! =)

message 7: by Lorien (new)

Lorien | 13 comments This is easy for me because I've only recently really got into pnr's
Bound by Nightby Larissa Ione
Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1) by Larissa Ione
Dragon Boundby Thea Harrison
Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison
Demon from the Darkby Kresley Cole
Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10) by Kresley Cole

message 8: by HappyBookWorm2020 (last edited Aug 28, 2018 09:30PM) (new)

HappyBookWorm2020 | 8 comments Not too hard.

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

message 9: by Marnee (new)

Marnee (marnee1369) I'm a big patricia briggs (all her work so far), Shannon Mayers series A Rylee Admson novel and Nalini Singh's Guild hunter series. But there are heaps more that are my fav it was very hard to pick just one

message 10: by Amyiw (last edited Sep 04, 2018 02:58PM) (new)

Amyiw | 175 comments Oh this is a great question, and I love the answers from some as I got two new ideas to start, Harper Hall and Sea Haven. I didn't include my favorite UF couples as they aren't really romance and have whole series, Kate/Curran, Mercy/Adam, Charles/Anna, and Cat/Bones

1. So Sebastian and Kaderin from IAD are my favorite couple from that series. Though there a bunch of good couples, I absolutely loved Sebastian.
No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3) by Kresley Cole
2. Then there are a lot in the Psy-Changelings but I think Vasic and Ivy are my favoite, though Mercy and Riley and Drew and Indigo... and Krychek well...
Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini Singh
3. I loved Scarred characters so Dark Hunters, which has a lot of good ones in the beginning of the series. After Acheron which was great too but not my favorite for romance, too much emotional baggage, the series just pettered out from there for me.
Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
extra- And a shout out to the Paladins that don't get much exposure. I really like the book involving the Kalith warriors. Larem and Sasha or Barek and Lacey. It is a UF on the side of Scifi maybe that is the reason.
In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3) by Alexis Morgan Bound by Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #7) by Alexis Morgan
Her spin off doesn't seem to be as good.

message 11: by Sritama (new)

Sritama Mondal | 16 comments My first lovers in the paranormal realm were :
Angel (the whole Angel series by L. A. Weatherly )
Magic Bites (the whole series by Ilona Andrews )
Primal Law (also, the whole series by J.D. Tyler)

message 13: by Aphelia (new)

Aphelia (aphelia88) Good question! I think of PNR and UF (Urban Fantasy) separately, although I know sometimes they overlap. For me, PNR has more romance 😊 I mostly read UF.

But here it goes:

1. Keri Arthur Riley Jensen Series
(I really liked the first two books in her Souls of Fire spin-off too)

2. Nalini Singh Guild Hunter Series
(although I've only read the first three books)

3. Colleen Gleason Gardella Vampire Chronicles and the Regency Dracula Trilogy

message 14: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Rose | 3 comments Well, I've yet to read the series' by a lot of the big names in paranormal romance - I couldn't get into JR Ward, but I've ordered some Christine Feehan and Nalini Singh.

I love vampires and have tried quite a few but not really enjoyed them, so any recs appreciated! I'll be checking all these out.

At the moment my favourites are:

The Hunt series by Liz Meldon (Angels/Demons)
Hidden by Shalini Boland (vampires)
Hell's Teeth by James Fahy (Ok, technically this one isn't romance, but it's such a brilliant and refreshing paranormal read, and there's flirting! Which I'm really praying will lead to a little action in book three! LOL)

message 15: by Amyiw (last edited Sep 20, 2018 04:41PM) (new)

Amyiw | 175 comments So All About Romance did their top 100 poll for 2018. Last one was in 2013! Well I don't think of all the books as romance per se but there were quite a few PNR/UF/fantasy books on there.

- Slave to Sensation
- Kiss of Snow
- Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh
- Magic Binds
- Burn for Me
- White Hot
- Wildfire, yep all 3 of Ilona Andrew's Hidden Legacy
- The Iron Duke by Meljean Brooks
- A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet
- Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
- Lover Awakened
- Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison
- A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
- Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

I don't consider them all romance but romancy and hey it is the most fantasy that they've had on any of the lists.

message 16: by karí (new)

karí (goodreadswintercaiden) | 10 comments it's definitely these 3's ☺

description

description

description
Oh plus this one!

description

message 17: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Jan 15, 2019 04:56AM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 86 comments Top 3 favorite paranormal romance novels:

Cronin's Key (Cronin's Key, #1) by N.R. Walker Cronin's Key by N.R. Walker

Reap the Wind (Cassandra Palmer, #7) by Karen Chance Reap the Wind by Karen Chance

East (History Interrupted #2) by Lizzy Ford East by Lizzy Ford

message 18: by Alice (new)

Alice Bello (alicebelloromance) | 15 comments Magic Bleeds, Ilona Andrews. Dead Heat, Patricia Briggs. Lover At Last, JR Ward.

message 19: by Rye (new)

Rye | 4 comments Wow. So hard to narrow this down.

To Woo A Warrior (Southern Sanctuary, #1) by Jane Cousins To Woo A Warrior by Jane Cousins

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews

Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5) by Shelly Laurenston Beast Behaving Badly by Shelly Laurenston

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie | 37 comments It is really hard to pin point which three books it would be for me , as they all are good book I have read .

message 22: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Raczkowski | 7 comments Hhhhmmm, wow, only three....
So anything by Shelly Laurenston (The Pride Series (in the second book she has the lion doing a conga line, the Call of the Crows is outstanding! and the Honey Badger Chronical) any author that can make me chuckle/laugh out loud when reading their stuff is golden.
Feral Sins (Phoenix Pack 1) by Suzanne Wright
Breeding Cycle (Kategan Alphas 1) by T.A. Grey

message 23: by Megan (The Gemini) (last edited May 07, 2019 09:36AM) (new)

Megan (The Gemini) (cutterrenee) Only 3?!

A Court of Thorns and Roses Box Setby Sarah J Maas (This is tied with the Throne of Glass series. I love Sarah J Maas!!)

Blade and Rose: Books 1-3 Digital Boxed Set: Blade & Rose, By Dark Deeds, & Court of Shadows by Miranda Honfleur

aaaaand

The Fever Series by Karie Marie Moning!

These were hard to pick once I started looking at my read books!

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna (stregamari) | 88 comments The Silver Wolf (Legends of the Wolf #1) by Alice Borchardt (and all the wolf books by rAlice Borchardt
the vamp/magi verse Master of the Night by angela knight..... big tie between the interstellar discipline books by Morgan Hawke Victorious Star and the hot vamps/faeries/shifters/demons in emma hollys Catching Midnight, The Demon's Daughter, Hidden Talents and Fairyville

message 25: by Ash (last edited May 09, 2019 11:57AM) (new)

Ash  Grey (angel_of_chaos) Vampire's Kiss (Legion of Angels #1) by Ella Summers Vampire's Kiss
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bites
Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Some Girls Bite

PS: Its just not the book but the total series... wink tongue-out

My three favourites...

message 26: by L.J. (new)

L.J. Red (ljred) | 4 comments Does dark fantasy romance count? Because Anne Bishop's Black Jewels would definitely by up there. Plus LK Hamilton's Guilt Pleasures and hmmm, I'm not sure who would take slot number three lol, too many choices!

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna (stregamari) | 88 comments LJ, I just “re-read” the black jewels books, in audio book form. They’re so great to listen to! Kelley Armstrongs books are great to listen to, and Narcissus in Chains was just re-released in audio. mmmmmm. Micah!

message 28: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Raczkowski | 7 comments I love anything by Shelly Laurenston! She makes me laugh out loud.

Rye wrote: "Wow. So hard to narrow this down.

To Woo A Warrior (Southern Sanctuary, #1) by Jane Cousins To Woo A Warrior by Jane Cousins

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona AndrewsBurn for Me by Ilona Andrews

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona AndrewsBurn for Me by Ilona Andrews

[bookcover:..."

message 29: by Krista (new)

Krista  | 142 comments 3 favorite series (Hard to just pick one book LOL)

Riley Jenson Guardian
Black Dagger Brotherhood
New Species

message 30: by Skye (new)

Skye (skyesie) | 10 comments So hard- how about the top three that I can think of now???
Those would be:

The Fae Chronicles, Amelia Hutchins

VLG, Laurann Dohner

The Golden Dynasty, Kristen Ashley

message 32: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 98 comments Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
...and there's a slough of them in third place. :-)

message 33: by Kimo (new)

Kimo | 1 comments Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews
Demonica Series by Larissa Ione
Anything by Jeaniene Frost - Love her vampires

message 34: by CassInWonderland (new)

CassInWonderland | 6 comments Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson
The Tairen Soul series is one of my faves!

A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas
Love all of the ACOTAR series! ♥️

Blade & Rose (Blade and Rose, #1) by Miranda Honfleur
Y’all this series kicks butt just finished the 4th book long wait until December for the 5th.

message 35: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

You guys have some seriously awesome taste in books.

message 36: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 212 comments Here are some of my fav pnr and uf series

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #1) by K.F. Breene

Guilty by Association (Judah Black, #1) by E.A. Copen

message 37: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Lynch | 10 comments Cutter wrote: "Only 3?!

A Court of Thorns and Roses Box Setby Sarah J Maas (This is tied with the Throne of Glass series. I love Sarah J Maas!!)

[book:Blade and Rose: Books 1-3 Digital Boxed Se..."

I recently read this series and it quickly made its way to my favourite set of all time.

(SPOILERS)

When I read the first one I was like oh my god I can't stand him, then when she went for HIM over him I was like.. mmmmm melt!

message 38: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Caren (jdcaren) | 6 comments Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole (I simply can not pick 1 or 3 from this series, I love the whole thing. Sorry for being a rule breaker.)

Lover Awakened JR Ward

The Darkest Lie Gena Showalter

message 39: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

J.D. wrote: "Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole (I simply can not pick 1 or 3 f..."

I adore anything by Kresley Cole.

message 40: by witzi (new)

witzi Gypsy Blood - KRISTY CUNNING aka C M OWENS
Great! Innovative! Fresh! RH you must read!👻
Hot! Fast paced! Truly laughed out loud! Great
Page turner!
Lothaire (IAD series) - KRESLY COLE
•••This entire series is awesome!
{Arcana series - also Kresly Cole}
Dark Lover (BDB series) - JR WARD
•••Series hit now with spinoff BD Legacy.
Archaic, mysterious and exclusive group of
near-broken souls fighting honorably to survive
ALSO Read these amazing authors too:
- JEANINE WARD
-JENNIFER ARMENTROUT
- ERICA STEPHENS aka BRENDA K DAVIES
- REBECCA ZANETTI
- ELIZABETH NAUGHTON

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 146 comments Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1) by T.J. Klune . It's one of my top 10 of all the books I've ever read.