Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BOM /Series Nominations > September 2018 Young Adult Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book of the Month Nominations

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 30, 2018 08:39PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
Please nominate a Young Adult Sci-Fi or Fantasy book that you would like to read in the month of September 2018.

Nominations will be open until August 3rd

***Please pay special attention to the Rules and Guidelines listed below.***

Rules and Guidelines

1. Books nominated after the deadline will not be included in the polls. Sorry.
2. Each person is limited to nominating ONE book per category.
3. Please use the add book/author tool located at the top of the comment box when nominating a book. (Please make your nomination clear because side conversations do happen and we don't want to accidentally miss a nomination)
4. Please add the Goodreads synopsis for the book you nominate.
5. Books that were read as a past BOM will not be considered for the poll.

Also, please be aware of your nomination's genre and list them in the appropriate BOM category

Genres that DO NOT go here:
Adult
Anything not listed on the "main page" as Sci-Fi or Fantasy

The BOM nominations are for our members to nominate a book they are truly interested in and have no affiliation with. Promotional activity is NOT permitted and nominations that the Moderators perceive to be promotional will be deleted without warning

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Aug 04, 2018 06:48PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
Nominations so far:
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff The Beast's Heart by Leife Shallcross

message 3: by Melitta (new)

Melitta Jackson (themidnightlibrarian) | 74 comments City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab

City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab

Cassidy Blake's parents are The Inspectres, a (somewhat inept) ghost-hunting team. But Cass herself can REALLY see ghosts. In fact, her best friend, Jacob, just happens to be one.

When The Inspectres head to ultra-haunted Edinburgh, Scotland, for their new TV show, Cass—and Jacob—come along. In Scotland, Cass is surrounded by ghosts, not all of them friendly. Then she meets Lara, a girl who can also see the dead. But Lara tells Cassidy that as an In-betweener, their job is to send ghosts permanently beyond the Veil. Cass isn't sure about her new mission, but she does know the sinister Red Raven haunting the city doesn't belong in her world. Cassidy's powers will draw her into an epic fight that stretches through the worlds of the living and the dead, in order to save herself.

message 4: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Aug 03, 2018 07:24PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14340 comments Mod
Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

Destined to destroy empires, Mia Covere is only ten years old when she is given her first lesson in death.

Six years later, the child raised in shadows takes her first steps towards keeping the promise she made on the day that she lost everything.

But the chance to strike against such powerful enemies will be fleeting, so if she is to have her revenge, Mia must become a weapon without equal. She must prove herself against the deadliest of friends and enemies, and survive the tutelage of murderers, liars and demons at the heart of a murder cult.

The Red Church is no Hogwarts, but Mia is no ordinary student.

The shadows love her. And they drink her fear

message 5: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Aug 03, 2018 07:53PM) (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5008 comments The Beast's Heart by Leife Shallcross
A sumptuously magical, brand new take on a tale as old as time—read the Beast's side of the story at long last.

I am neither monster nor man—yet I am both.

I am the Beast.

The day I was cursed to this wretched existence was the day I was saved—although it did not feel so at the time.

My redemption sprung from contemptible roots; I am not proud of what I did the day her father happened upon my crumbling, isolated chateau. But if loneliness breeds desperation then I was desperate indeed, and I did what I felt I must. My shameful behaviour was unjustly rewarded.

My Isabeau. She opened my eyes, my mind and my heart; she taught me how to be human again.

And now I might lose her forever.

Lose yourself in this gorgeously rich and magical retelling of The Beauty and the Beast that finally lays bare the beast's heart. (less)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.