2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1)
This topic is about The Quiche of Death
The Quiche of Death > The Quiche of Death by M. C. Beaton

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Putting all her eggs in one basket, Agatha Raisin gives up her successful PR firm, sells her London flat, and samples a taste of early retirement in the quiet village of Carsely. Bored, lonely and used to getting her way, she enters a local baking contest: Surely a blue ribbon for the best quiche will make her the toast of the town. But her recipe for social advancement sours when Judge Cummings-Browne not only snubs her entry--but falls over dead! After her quiche's secret ingredient turns out to be poison, she must reveal the unsavory truth…

Agatha has never baked a thing in her life! In fact, she bought her entry ready-made from an upper crust London quicherie. Grating on the nerves of several Carsely residents, she is soon receiving sinister notes. Has her cheating and meddling landed her in hot water, or are the threats related to the suspicious death? It may mean the difference between egg on her face and a coroner's tag on her toe…

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn I am starting this book tonight! Looking forward to discussing it with all of you :)

Sharmon (tpgirl) I listened to this book about two weeks ago. I have read several of this series but it was years ago and I don't know which ones I read. I enjoyed this one especially because I needed some light in between several heavy non-fiction Audiobooks. I had forgotten what a stinker Agatha could be.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments I'm finally reading this. As a matter of fact I'm almost done. Agatha is so cantankerous I love her! She says and does things I would probably like to do but polite society doesn't allow. Like not really wanting to hold the elevator door for someone when you're already in a hurry but you do anyway because you don't really want to be "that" person who stabs the door close button instead of the door open button.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments I finished this book several days ago and I did enjoy it. I thought the mystery aspect was a little weak because there was a lot building the setting for Agatha. From her ending her job in London to moving to the country, to hiring a cleaning woman (stealing her from her neighbor), to making enemies and potential friends as well. Plus Agatha had a TSTL moment and almost got herself killed. I actually enjoyed her character which I know is a contention among cozy readers.