Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Announcements > Some Sad News

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
I'm so sorry to say it but Janga passed away today after a short battle with cancer. Her knowledge of romance and literature was unparalleled and I'm sure I'm not the only one who looked forward to her weekly updates on what she was reading.

She had an encyclopedic knowledge of the romance genre and her keeper shelf was legendary. We never met in person but I am mourning her loss tonight as if we had.

Please keep her family in your thoughts.

message 2: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2094 comments Mod
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that.

She was such a wonderful writer and reviewer and clearly understood the human heart. So many of my favorite books were her recommendations. I never met her but I too will feel her loss.

For those of you who never read her reviews many are posted at the blog she wrote between 2009 and 2014.

http://justjanga.blogspot.com/?m=1

Thank you Manda for letting us know.

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 7 comments Manda wrote: "I'm so sorry to say it but Janga passed away today after a short battle with cancer. Her knowledge of romance and literature was unparalleled and I'm sure I'm not the only one who looked forward to..."

Thank you letting us know. I have appreciated her articles and reviews for years. So sad.

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1278 comments Wow, I did not see that coming. Thanks for letting us know.

message 5: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1186 comments Oh no. Janga made me laugh and smile and gave great recommends. I was always on her profile looking at what she liked. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
Rest in Peace Janga.

message 6: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2091 comments Mod
My heart aches, Manda. She was such a wonderful person and touched so many folks. She will be missed.

message 7: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
It's tough because she's been a part of my book world for 10+ years. She is the first person I think of when certain authors are mentioned - - Kathleen Giles Seidel, for instance. And she was one of the people instrumental in getting me writing again after years away from it. She was such a champion of the genre and I always looked forward to her reviews because her opinion mattered so much to me. I'll miss her diplomacy and thoughtfulness so much.

Another friend pointed out that she's very likely having drinks with Jo Beverley and Edith Layton in heaven. I like that idea.

message 8: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments Manda, thank you for sharing this news. I'll miss her on the boards.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1018 comments So sad, I'll miss her witty reviews as well.

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I think we will all miss her wit and warmth. She was a wonderful woman & I loved lurking and reading her insightful remarks. My thoughts are with her family

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikanne) | 222 comments That is very sad. I too enjoyed her comments and recommendations and will miss her on goodreads. Thoughts and prayers to her loved ones.

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
I'm so sorry! I've always enjoyed reading her reviews and interacting with her here. She will be missed.

message 13: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments I'm at a loss for words so I'll just post what I posted at The Romance Dish. I'm heartbroken. The world lost an incredibly special soul. I like the visual of her up in heaven still discussing her beloved books with those who passed before her. It brings me peace! Godspeed, Janga. You will be missed!

message 14: by Pj (new)

Pj Ausdenmore (pjpuppymom) | 100 comments Thank you for sharing the news, Manda. Janga enjoyed the time she spent with this group and was so disappointed when she grew too weak to continue to come here. She was a very private person and did not want anything shared online until after she was gone but we talked about this group that evolved out of the EJ board and how much she valued her interactions with the people here. I will be forever grateful that what began as an online acquaintance at Squawk Radio almost 15 years ago evolved into one of my dearest and deepest friendships. I'm fortunate to have spent time with her in person as well as numerous hours on the phone over the years talking about our favorite romances, favorite authors, and her beloved beta heroes, as well as collaborating on one of our favorite projects, our Just Between Us book discussions at my blog, The Romance Dish. I was in awe of her literary knowledge and her skill at conveying her thoughts. She's the best book reviewer I've read. She knew what was coming and she was at peace with it. Her only regret was all the wonderful romance novels to come that she would not have a chance to read. And she was adamant to the end in her belief that Horatius Wilde is alive. ;-)