What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance from 1980s, characters of Simon and Penelope

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cdgh) | 1 comments I read this book in the late 80s to early 90s.. It probably came out in the 80s. It was a shorter book, clean romance in historical England. The heroine wore spectacles and was interested in science. She was close with the hero whose name is Simon but does not realize how he feels about her until close to the end when he gets drunk and encounters her on a stairway singing a little ditty about how invisible he is, and then kisses her. He is also interested in science and helps her get her glasses fixed. A very sweet story and would love to find it again!

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann | 530 comments Bump.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Ann, the bump period for the group is 30 days, because the group is so large. So 30 days from the last comment made in the thread.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann | 530 comments Hi Lobstergirl! Yes...it has been over a year since anyone posted a comment on this. I've been scrolling through older posts and thought this one was interesting, so I bumped in hopes someone could help the OP.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Oh, sorry Ann. You're right, it was 2018.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann | 530 comments No worries.