The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Group Read Discussions > August 2018 Group Read - Midnight at the Bright Ideas Book Store

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5415 comments Mod
This is the non-spoiler thread for the group read of Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan. There is also a thread for 'spoiler' comments.

Scott will be the moderator for this group read.

message 2: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5415 comments Mod
This is the link to the spoiler thread.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Nina (new)

Nina | 1 comments Just started! Excited to chat with others who are reading this :) This is my first time joining a group chat for a book discussion so I'm sorry in advance for any etiquette I might oversee. PS I read the rules.

message 4: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hafezparast | 367 comments Read this one a while ago as it was a book chosen by my book club. I was very skeptical but enjoyed it after all. Parts of the story I found a bit difficult to believe, but the mystery is very good and the ending really surprised me.

message 5: by Scott (last edited Aug 06, 2018 09:23AM) (new)

Scott Ivlow (scottinwinterhaven) | 208 comments Nina wrote: "Just started! Excited to chat with others who are reading this :) This is my first time joining a group chat for a book discussion so I'm sorry in advance for any etiquette I might oversee. PS I re..."

I started reading before the votes started. I like it so far. I'm a few chapters behind so I hope to get a couple read tonight.

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1364 comments I really liked this one.

aPriL does feral sometimes  (cheshirescratch) | 1191 comments Starting it today.

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I loved the setting: a bookstore.
It is my favorite genre: a thriller/mystery.

What a debut for this author. I hope everyone in the group loves it too.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Matthew J. Sullivan (other topics)