2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Behind Closed Doors
This topic is about Behind Closed Doors
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Behind Closed Doors

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (last edited Aug 11, 2018 05:45AM) (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss B.A. Paris‘s book, Behind Closed Doors.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Joan, Allie, Ana

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 73
Week 2: 73
Week 3: 73
Week 4: 73

Joan Barnett | 863 comments I've read the first 2 and a half chapters. It is written a little differently. It has drawn me in a little bit. It seems like everything thinks she has a perfect life and it is setting us up to see what is not perfect about it. It seems like it will be an interesting read. Have you started it yet Allie?

message 4: by Allie (last edited Aug 05, 2018 09:33AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Allie | 303 comments Sorry, Joan! I just got the book from my library and will be starting today. It’s gonna be super hot out so I’ll be sitting in front of the a/c all day long!

Joan Barnett | 863 comments I've only read 5 chapters so far but it gets you hooked. If I didn't have to work today I'd be reading more!! There are definitely some secrets going on that need to be uncovered.

message 6: by Allie (last edited Aug 05, 2018 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Allie | 303 comments You definitely get hooked, I’m already up to page 185!

At first I had doubts....from grace’s anxiety within the first few pages, we know there’s certainly something going on. But I had doubts (especially since reading Gone Girl) that maybe she was an unreliable narrator and there was more to the story or a completely different side of the story from Jack’s perspective.

But nope, now I definitely think he’s a psychopath. I hope that doesn’t change with some wild ending that she’s been making it up this whole time. Everything is a little too neat though....

I’ll wait for you to catch up some more. I have another book I can finish up.

Joan Barnett | 863 comments Wow so dude is a little crazy. I'm up to page 123.

Allie | 303 comments Ya think?! Lol.

message 9: by Allie (last edited Aug 11, 2018 11:59AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Allie | 303 comments Have you finished yet, Joan?

message 10: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 863 comments Allie wrote: "Have you finished yet, Joan?"

I just finished today. (view spoiler)

What did you think of it?

message 11: by Allie (last edited Aug 11, 2018 02:14PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Allie | 303 comments I wasn’t either. There wasn’t enough lead up to (view spoiler)

message 12: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 863 comments You summed up how I pretty much felt. (view spoiler)

message 13: by Anabella (new) - added it

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 25 comments I just started but Im definitely interested to see where the story goes. I hope to read more tonight after work. :).

Allie | 303 comments Joan wrote: "You summed up how I pretty much felt. I thought about the paintings having her fingerprints all over them as well. They were only married a year though so the part about others not seeing them out..."

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Allie (last edited Aug 12, 2018 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Allie | 303 comments Ana wrote: "I just started but Im definitely interested to see where the story goes. I hope to read more tonight after work. :)."

As long as you have the time, you’ll fly thru it!!

message 16: by Anabella (new) - added it

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 25 comments i'm off for the next two days now besides keeping my nephew so I think i will get to read :)

message 17: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 863 comments Allie - (view spoiler)

message 18: by Anabella (new) - added it

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 25 comments I'm only a little ways in and i already don't like this husband.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.