#AYEARATHON discussion

August 2018 - Family Favorites > August - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2016 comments Mod
This Month's Info:
Takes Place From - (6-12)
Theme - Family Favorites (read your mom's/brother's/cousin's/etc. favorite book)
Challenge - Read the longest book on your TBR

What are you planning on reading?

message 2: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 117 comments I've let my cousin pick my TBR.

She picked: P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas (which I'm already reading)
I also asked her to pick a thriller for me, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'll add that to my TBR when she does.

message 3: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett My TBR is
Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1) by Nora Roberts The Night Tales Collection by Nora Roberts by Nora Roberts Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) by Kiersten White
my mom has a fav book pick out for me
Emma by Jane Austen

message 4: by Amber (bookstacksamber) (last edited Aug 01, 2018 06:52PM) (new)

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) I can't participate in the theme, so I'll be reading long books. My mom and grandma are my only family members who are readers, and they only read Harlequin romance novels. Neither really has an attachment to any specific books, so they don't have favorites.

I'm hoping to read these via audio, which are all long books I own:
Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken

message 5: by Katherine (last edited Sep 01, 2018 03:31AM) (new)

Katherine | 5 comments August - To Be Read (TBR)

Read:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (How to Train Your Dragon, #11) by Cressida Cowell The Awakening & The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith

message 6: by ke-sha (last edited Aug 02, 2018 05:03PM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2016 comments Mod
So, I was going to get my sister to pick some books from my shelves instead of reading one of her favorites BUT I do have a LOT of long books and Mainly long Fantasy Books on my TBR That I want to read.

so first I'm Buddy Reading It by Stephen King with a friend and so I'm not looking to finish it that week but I'm hoping to finish part 1 & 2 hopefully!

The rest of my TBR:
Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2) by John Gwynne
Read the first book a while ago and since I've bought the whole series since then would love to continue it.
The Wheel of Osheim (The Red Queen's War, #3) by Mark Lawrence
3rd and final Book in the Red Queens war and the 6th and Final book set in the world. I love this world and dont want to leave it (You feel my pain?) BUT it needs to be done plus he has another book series I'm looking forward to starting.

And Second Hand Curses by Drew Hayes Which isn't a long Audiobook(9hrs) but I just really want to read it.

and I'll just stop there cause I'm supposed to be moving soon and that means packing >_< and maybe starting a new Job this month as well so let's keep my TBR realistic for once haha

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Wilson | 5 comments Family Favorite: My aunt chose The Girls by Lori Lansens
I had never heard of it and it's something I probably wouldn't have picked up so it'll be fun to try something different.

Longest Book on my TBR: The Passage (The Passage, #1) by Justin Cronin
I picked up this book so I could read it before the tv show comes out later this year so this works out well. Really looking forward to this one.

Gil-or (readingbooksinisrael) (meirathefirst) I almost forgot about the #ayearathon this month!

My dad just lent me TNT Telzey Amberdon & Trigger Argee Together by James H. Schmitz so I'll be reading that.

And I might steal Big Nate In the Zone (Big Nate Novels, #6) by Lincoln Peirce back from my brother.

message 9: by Emilee (new)

Emilee McDonald | 38 comments I will be reading my Brother's favorite Harry potter and Deathly Hallows.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Gatzlaff | 29 comments I am reading my mom favorite book Dune, My Husbands favorite graphic novelBleach, Volume 01, My sisters favorite bookThe Poisonwood Bible, My sister in law favorite bookSlaughterhouse-Five, My Mother in law favorite book seriesThe Hollow Hills. The big book I am currently reading is Children of Blood and Bone

message 11: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 228 comments I'll be reading The Iliad/The Odyssey but will probably only start on the 8th + continue The Alienist. I've already read all my parents' favourites (like The Three Musketeers).

message 12: by Domonique (new)

Domonique  (booksandtabs) | 2 comments I’m going to be reading the illumane trilogy this week! I’ve read illumane and gemina before but thought i’d reread them before I finish the series & they’re the biggest books on my tbr! If I can I might throw tower of dawn on.

message 13: by Sammy (last edited Aug 06, 2018 10:39AM) (new)

Sammy Michelle | 52 comments So my family are not readers at all and so asking them is basically pointless, but I asked my mom and she said to read Gone with the Wind. Unfortunately, I do not own this book so I will be reading Scarlett which is a sequel to the original and since I can't get a movie I will gladly read this. It's super long and it has been awhile since I've read it, so I could count this as my theme and challenge.

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (thelongnamedreader) I got some suggestions that I'm looking forward to this week.
Dad's pick: Sahara (Dirk Pitt #11)
Mom's pick: Hunt for Red October (she said any Tom Clancy, this is the one I own)
Sister's pick: The Host
If all goes well, my challenge book is apparently The Three Musketeers. It is the longest book on my TBR, but I doubt I finish it if I'm also reading the rest. Here's to good luck to us all!

message 15: by Louella (new)

Louella Mortensen | 1 comments My good friend recommended Sarah’s Key, a historical fiction about how Jews in France were treated during the Second World War. Just finished reading it and I’m sad to say my I did not like it as much as my friend did.