What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > YA & Adult Contemporary Romance: h is shy and the H wants nothing to do with h, but they end up together & it's a HEA.

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mcambert001) | 33 comments Looking to read something were the h is shy and the H wants nothing to do with h. Ultimately they end up together and it's a HEA.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34325 comments Mod
Melissa, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Are you looking for teen (young adult) or older adult romances?

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mcambert001) | 33 comments Either/Or. Thanks for the help.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mcambert001) | 33 comments Any book recommendations????

message 5: by Zara (new)

Zara (zara124) | 76 comments Try Nora Robert's books, a lot of them have a similar theme and all of them have a happy ending.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mcambert001) | 33 comments Thanks!!!

message 8: by Melissa (new)

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mcambert001) | 33 comments I've read that one and liked it alot! Looking for books similar to it.

message 10: by Anya (new)

Anya | 85 comments I like this theme Melissa , I am bumping it so if you get any answers I will steal some recommendations. Ps sorry if I got your hopes up , tried to think of a title but couldn't get one. Will keep thinking though, hope you get some other answers.

message 11: by NancyJ (last edited Nov 16, 2018 03:17PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 102 comments You're basically describing Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and some of the many books that were inspired by it. He is shy or reserved, but is viewed as arrogant, and he inadvertently insults her. They hate each other at first and have some clever repartee, but gradually get to know one another. There is a lot more to the story, and you'll get more than one HEA.

P & P was just voted the 4th favorite book of Americans and I think it came in second in the UK. (PBS Great American Read, and the BBC Big Read.) It's very bright and clever, and has a subtle, sly sense of humor. (If it seems stuffy at first, imagine that it is being read by someone with a tongue-in-cheek smile).

Or search for books related to Pride and Prejudice. Bridget Jones' Diary, and (the film) 10 Things I Hate About You were the first related stories to come to mind, but there are many others, in different cultures.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mcambert001) | 33 comments Can anyone think of any other books like this?

message 14: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1353 comments RL Mathewsons Neighbours From Hell series has a couple. Maybe book1, def book2 - Perfection.

message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen | 260 comments I'm reading one now that started like that called #Nerd... the girl is super shy and the guy, at first, didn't think of her as a romantic interest. I would say it takes until 40-50% into the book for things to change.

Not the best read but a cute fluffy read.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mcambert001) | 33 comments Thanks for the recommendation!!!

message 17: by Serena (new)

Serena | 93 comments until Friday night by abbie glines

message 18: by Karen (new)

Karen | 260 comments I'm reading right now Fake It Till You Break It but the girl isn't really a shy girl. She's not a wild girl but she's not the nerd, glasses wallflower type either.