The Never Ending TBR Book Club discussion

Books of the Month > 2018 August BOTM - The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (100%)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Tellefsen (thecontinuingchronicles) (thecontinuingchronicles) | 96 comments Mod
This is the thread for those who have read the book in its entirety. DO NOT post here or read the thread if you have not finish the book. Spoilers will not be marked here.

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Tellefsen (thecontinuingchronicles) (thecontinuingchronicles) | 96 comments Mod
I know that I am very late to the game with this one, and had it not been chosen recently as a pick here, I never would have read it. But I am so glad I did!

I will admit that this book falls victim to being released around the time when dystopians were at the height of their popularity. Had I read this back then, it possibly would have been a five star read for me, but I have to now take into consideration some of the over-done tropes and cliche'd areas that you typically find within the YA Dystopian genre.

With that being said, this book was such a surprise for me. I enjoyed it immensely and loved our many set of characters. I will absolutely be picking up the sequel eventually!