What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Heroin addicted young adult

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele Beth | 4 comments Hi, the book I'm looking for I read in the 80's, probaby written in 70's. About a young girl who asks her mother for a bra so she'll seem/feel older. As a young adult, she becomes addicted to heroin, and had a miscarriage and put the dead baby in a shoe box. Then she went to prison, and to pass drugs to each other, the women would hide stashes in their private parts and called it "stashing Lucy". Dont remember how it ended, sorry. Just a book about the horrible things that happen while on hard drugs.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4893 comments Do you remember the cover?
Location story takes place?
Part of a series?

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele Beth | 4 comments Hi; I think the cover might have looked a little like Go Ask Alice; but I don't know the location where it took place and it was not a part of a series. I so wish i could be more specific.

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4893 comments Maybe, it's one of the books by John Benton or Jack W. Thomas. They have books that feature really over the top situations.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele Beth | 4 comments Thank you!!! I will check them out!

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Michele, let us know if either book is your book. Inquiring minds want to know...

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele Beth | 4 comments I've checked and didn't find it among these authors...thing is, is that it was a true story a woman wrote of the horrors of her life while on drugs. Not a questionable "based on a true story" theory, but real.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Michele ~~
Thank you for letting us know. We'll keep looking.
Remember, you can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 35 where fewer eyes will see it.
Good luck!

message 9: by Juno (last edited Mar 18, 2020 01:42AM) (new)

Juno Dante | 20 comments Is it similar to Christiane F.?

Could it maybe be Lucy in the Sky by Beatrice Sparks? She presented it as an "anonymous true diary" but it wasn't really.