CanadianContent discussion

Archives 2018 > Sunburst Award 2018 shortlists

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by ❀ Susan (new)

❀ Susan G (susanayearofbooksblogcom) | 3766 comments Mod
Thanks for posting!! I have only heard of American War, Son of a Trickster and The Marrow Thieves and enjoyed them all!

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter I've not yet read American War or The Bone Mother from the Adult List. The Bone Mother has been on all sorts of lists this year and I've heard nothing but good things about American War. Sputnik's Children was a total hoot!

I've read the two books (Adult & YA) by Fonda Lee, and since I hadn't heard of her before was caught off guard by how much I enjoyed them both.

In the YA category, I've yet to read Dragonfly Song and The Painting. No more need be said about The Marrow Thieves - it's been winning everything. But Weave a Circle Round by Kari Maaren also deserves serious attention. Apparently a first novel it sure doesn't read like one. It was recommended to me months ago and when I read it I read it as if it was a book for adults. Seeing it in the YA category, and thinking about it, I see how it can be read either way- and it's _really_ good either way.

This is probably the overall strongest Sunburst Shortlist I've seen yet.

message 4: by ❀ Susan (new)

❀ Susan G (susanayearofbooksblogcom) | 3766 comments Mod
This is not an award that I am too familiar with but I see that you have been very busy reading!!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisafriel) | 240 comments I read Jade City earlier this year. I didn't realize Fonda Lee was Canadian.