What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Fantasy novel. Young woman is stranded on a deserted island. She finds a cottage, befriends a mermaid, but manages to hide her tail. Written before 1996.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiersta (new)

Kiersta Barnes | 6 comments This book was written before 1996; I read it as a little girl, but it belonged to my mother and was for adults. The main character was a young woman who either shipwrecked or swam and got caught in a current and ended up on a deserted island. She found a cottage and at night realized someone was bringing her food. She put seashells out to cut the mermaid’s feet and hid her tale.
They became friends, but then she left and the mermaid was angry/sad?
I think she got married or returned to her husband but then a ton more happened and I can’t remember the ending m.

message 2: by Kiersta (new)

Kiersta Barnes | 6 comments Tail*

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16265 comments Still looking, Kiersta?

message 4: by Kiersta (new)

Kiersta Barnes | 6 comments Yes! I’m still looking for this book.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16265 comments Might want to check the Unicorns and Mermaids for Adults list.

message 6: by Kiersta (new)

Kiersta Barnes | 6 comments Thanks for the tip, but it’s sadly not there. I’m worried I’ll never find this book.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33480 comments Mod
Kiersta, I added some details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)