Introverted Book Club discussion

AUGUST > August is here!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabii (new)

Gabii (gabiireads) | 7 comments Mod
Hi guys!
Can you realize that's already the last month of summer? Because I can't believe it. Where did this year go?
To be honest, I'm a little bit excited for Autumn to arrive because I feel like its the perfect time to read with a steaming cup of tea. Am I right?

Because last month we had two books that you could pick from, this month is going to be the same. Two different genres and two different books, obviously.

The first genre is HISTORICAL FICTION, one of my favorite genres. I like history in books and it makes me really happy to share the book with you. You probably heard of it, or maybe you know the author, and this book has been on my TBR for too long. And the first book is:
The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
With 4.35 rating, this book is "Unpredictable. Unforgiving. Untamed.". Set in Alaska, 1974, it's about "Ernt Allbright, a former POW, comes home from the Vietnam war a changed and volatile man. When he loses yet another job, he makes an impulsive decision: he will move his family north, to Alaska, where they will live off the grid in America’s last true frontier.
In this unforgettable portrait of human frailty and resilience, Kristin Hannah reveals the indomitable character of the modern American pioneer and the spirit of a vanishing Alaska―a place of incomparable beauty and danger. The Great Alone is a daring, beautiful, stay-up-all-night story about love and loss, the fight for survival, and the wildness that lives in both man and nature."

The second genre is, again, one of my favorite. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy it a lot. FANTASY can be picky sometimes and if it's done well, you could have a new favorite book. It's been hard to pick one, but I feel like this one is going to be great. It's popular, everyone talks about it on bookstagram and booktube, and I hope is going to be as good as everyone says it is.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
"The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.
But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors.

Written in rich, seductive prose, this spell-casting novel is a feast for the senses and the heart."

So, what do you think? Are you going to pick one or both? I hope you will fall in love with the books and happy reading!

message 2: by Sacibaba (new)

Sacibaba | 2 comments I couldn't read any of last month's challenge, so I will try to do both of them this month :)