Christian Fiction Devourers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Games/Quizzes > Games Ideas?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments I’m now in charge of the games, so if you have ideas for games you want to play, please let me know. You can list them here. I’ll post our next game soon.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 860 comments Congrats, Alegna! I'll let you know if I think of something.

message 3: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 2232 comments Mod
Book Title Hangman might be fun.

message 4: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V | 215 comments any game ideas that challenge us to maybe, alphabetize kindle books, series within our kindles, etc. I can get them in the collections I choose but still not organized enough.

message 5: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments Carolyn wrote: "any game ideas that challenge us to maybe, alphabetize kindle books, series within our kindles, etc. I can get them in the collections I choose but still not organized enough."

I'm not sure what you want. Are you talking about on your kindle device or on your shelves? You don't have to do the alphabetizing yourself on your kindle or on your bookshelves. All you have to do is select Title to have them automatically sort. You can also select Title under Collections on your kindle to get each collection to sort alphabetically. As to series, if you're talking about alphabetizing series on your kindle, I don't think that would be possible, since the series name cannot be used for alphabetizing and you can't manually order books however you want. You can make a collection for series and sort it by author, which would keep the books together somewhat; if you had more than one series by an author, it would sort all of that author's books by title.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

message 6: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V | 215 comments just wondering if there could be a challenge game to better organize our kindle. I have done organizing like you suggested; almost all of the ideas anyway.

message 7: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Perhaps an alphabetized author or title game would be helpful, Carolyn?

message 8: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments Carolyn wrote: "just wondering if there could be a challenge game to better organize our kindle. I have done organizing like you suggested; almost all of the ideas anyway."

But you can only organize your kindle to the extent that the device is capable. You can set it to show all of your items or just the items downloaded to your device. You can organize by recent, title, author, and collection, and all you have to do is select the option you want. Within collections you can sort by recent, title, and author by selecting the option. You can have your kindle show certain types of items by choosing what you want under "All Items." If there's any other way to organize books on a kindle, I don't know about it. Perhaps there are additional capabilities on newer devices. I have a Paperwhite 2.0, I think, and Amazon has come out with the Voyage and Oasis, which I've never used, so I don't know if more organizational things can be done with those. Can you do more organizational tasks on your kindle than those I've listed?

If you want to design a game, you're welcome to do that.

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Sparkes (wendysparkes) | 260 comments I love the Cover Game.

It's lovely that you're taking over this, AlegnaB :)

message 10: by Carolyn (last edited Aug 02, 2018 09:22AM) (new)

Carolyn V | 215 comments Andrea, I guess alphabetized authors is a great suggestion for finding books easier in the kindle library. It is easy to search a book; but my kindle doesn't alphabetize authors and need to make that an effort for me; even if I am the few that want better organization in ereaders

message 11: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments Carolyn wrote: "...my kindle doesn't alphabetize authors..."

What kind of Kindle are you using? How old is your Kindle?

message 12: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V | 215 comments I have a kindle fire and is probably 3 years old. I'm just noting that I like Andreas' idea, for myself

message 13: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments Carolyn wrote: "I have a kindle fire and is probably 3 years old. I'm just noting that I like Andreas' idea, for myself"

In the Books section of the Kindle app, at the top right side of the page, there are three horizontal bars. There’s not at least one Author sorting option there? I find it hard to believe that any Fire didn’t/doesn’t have that option. Have you updated your device lately? I would think that it would have been added in an update. But then, Amazon doesn’t listen well to what people want.

I still don’t understand how you expect to be able to sort books on your Kindle in a way that doesn’t have a function to do it. I have my mother-in-law’s newest Kindle Fire right now, and there’s no way to do that, as far as I can tell. I used to show my mil how to do things on her first Kindle Fire, which was bought probably more than three years ago. I could sort books only by the options provided.

message 14: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Carolyn, have you considered typing up a list of the books you have in your Kindle? It would be a little easier to organize them how you want to in either Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word.

I have a Kindle Fire, and it has that button Alegna mentioned, at the top right of the Books: Library page, next to the "goodreads" and "shopping cart" icons.

message 15: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V | 215 comments I have had the time to finally look closer at my kindle. It does have 4 or 5 options to alphabetize books, authors and collections does not give you that option once in the collection; but, this helps magnificently to make it easier to find books and authors without doing overall search; because you may not know full name of book you are looking for, thanks gals

message 16: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Glad to help, Carolyn.

message 17: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Alegna, it looks like you've hit on another winner with the Relation Game. Well done!

message 18: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 141 comments I love the Book Cover Game/Challenge. (Where someone says "a cover with a hat" and then there has to be 5 separate entries that fit the description and the 5th person to post a cover lists the next one.) :)

message 19: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 958 comments Brandi wrote: "I love the Book Cover Game/Challenge. (Where someone says "a cover with a hat" and then there has to be 5 separate entries that fit the description and the 5th person to post a cover lists the next..."

😄 I had decided to do the book covers game for June, went to the Games & Quizzes page to start a thread for it, and saw that there was a new message in this thread. I was hoping members would now want to play the game again.

message 20: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1178 comments Game idea: who are you...

Based on the last book you read, who are you.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.