Play Book Tag discussion

July 2018: Dystopian > Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. 4.5 stars.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (new)

Devin Littlefield | 11 comments I found this book to be one I couldn’t put down. I enjoyed the character development and emotional struggles that the different characters face throughout. It kept me wanting to read just one more page. The twists and turns always kept me guessing and interested. I definitely plan on finishing this series and I’m excited for the next book.

If you like dystopian books with intrigue, suspense and in my personal opinion good character development I would definitely recommend this book.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments Your first review. Wooohoooo. Glad you enjoyed it.

message 3: by Joanne (last edited Jul 31, 2018 11:34AM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7112 comments Devin wrote: "I found this book to be one I couldn’t put down. I enjoyed the character development and emotional struggles that the different characters face throughout. It kept me wanting to read just one more ..."

More and more it seems you and I tend to read a lot of the same books ! I read this series and loved it! By the way, I just finished Black Powder War, and I love our new dragon friend too! Laurence, Temeraire and I are definitely having a summer romance! On to book four..

message 4: by Devin (new)

Devin Littlefield | 11 comments Haha. Thanks Jason. And yes. Lol. I do believe we share great taste in books.

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1468 comments I loved this book as well! I have the next one, Glass Sword, sitting on my desk in front of me to read for this month but never got around to it as I got caught up in two other series.

I agree, I really loved the development of the characters and the stories. I also liked that it wasn't a happily ever after kind of book. Part of my was so mad at the ending but another part of me welcomed the change.

message 6: by Devin (new)

Devin Littlefield | 11 comments Agreed Charlotte. Definitely a more realistic ending. Although it’s only the first book in the series so we have yet to see if it’s a happily ever after story or not in the long run.