What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci fi romance :: hero was some kind of a barbarian and he helped to save the heroine's either kingdom or civilization

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott | 2 comments I'm looking for the title of a sci-fi romance novel. I know it took place on another planet. I think the hero was some kind of a barbarian and he helped to save the heroine's either kingdom or civilization. I also think it was published in the 80s.

message 2: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1190 comments Ok just throwing a guess or two out there.
Warrior's Woman or one of the others in the series (not quite as old as the 80s, published in 1990) I haven't read it but it's an older book with a barbarian hero, so worth a mention just in case.
Sharon Green also wrote a bunch of -rather smutty- scifi romances with barbarian type heroes back in the 80s and 90s. The Warrior Within is one but you'll have to take a look through her booklist to see if any others fit better there's quite a few with that sort of setup.

message 3: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments Perhaps Tarnsman of Gor by John Norman. can you dredge up any other details at all? And what, exactly, do you mean by romance? Full on bodice-ripper, or there were just some romantic elements to the story?

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 2 comments Warrior's woman seems like it. I think the woman was a telepath or something like that. It was definitely in the romance genre with the typical romance kind of cover. I also remember something about a special drink or food that they had.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Aug 03, 2018 08:08AM) (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Here's a short Google Books preview of Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey - Aerulan's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=2YK... There are different cover images.

Should we mark your request as Solved or Possible Solved?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Scott, please put some plot details in your header, as per the group rules in the pop-up box when you posted.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Scott, I added some details to your header. Good luck!