Discourse in a Digital Age discussion

Killers of the Flower Moon

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (lucy47) | 149 comments Did everyone get a copy of the book? The County Library still has some available, if not; let me know.

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne | 135 comments Mod
I have one. I’ve read about 100 pages. I forgot that this book would make me angry!

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Hammond | 27 comments Yes, I had got it from the city library early on. Returned it. I see 6 copies of the book available at the city library. I had not realized until I started reading this that the author also wrote The Lost City of Z that was also a good book.

message 4: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 63 comments This does make you angry, and it keeps you that way.

message 5: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 63 comments Cheryl wrote: "Yes, I had got it from the city library early on. Returned it. I see 6 copies of the book available at the city library. I had not realized until I started reading this that the author also wrote T..."

I read the Lost City of Z and enjoyed it. But I didn't realize it was the same author.

message 6: by Vera (new)

Vera Emmons | 21 comments I'm not going to make it this month. Lots of traveling and houseguests. It's all wonderful, but I haven't been reading much.
See you all soon!

message 7: by Readridinghood (new)

Readridinghood | 62 comments I am nearly finished the book! Such corruption! And murder after murder for selfish gain! I kept thinking of the 60s song, “Indian Reservation “by Paul Revere & The Raiders. listening the description of all the deaths is disheartening to know there are really people like this. I agree with others who have said this book makes you angry. It also makes me sad. I am glad to be reading it though. The suspense within the telling of the story has kept my ears opened.

message 8: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (lucy47) | 149 comments Still a few chapters to go; I found it slow-going at first, didn't really get into it (beyond outrage) until "The Evidence Man" section. I feel beaten down by the proof, not just in this story but everywhere we look, read, view and listen, of Americans' greed, venality, corruption, prejudice, intolerance, cruelty and indifference to the feelings and rights of others!

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne | 135 comments Mod
I finished! We meet tonight at the library at 630. We should be back in the auditorium but if not...we’ll be in some other room 😄 Lori is on snack duty. See y’all tonight!